Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pomeroy System Picks Next UK Coach

Featured Replies

He left the program, With every stat that I pointed out...Enough about that....:sssh:

 

He lost 25 games his last two years. Billy G's lost 26. :sssh: Guess you forgot about that stat.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, now I am talking about OTS. Look what he inherited and look how he left the program. Enough about that.

 

:ohbrother::lol: I do agree on one thing in this post......."enough about that". :rolleyes:

That's what I got from it considering the history of his posting on here. :lol:

 

Also, that "mess'"took over a team with less talent (far less) than he left at U.K. and OTS has his Minnesota team in" the tournament" this season. Should he lose by 40 in the 1st round he has taken them higher (and in a better conference this season) than a certain coach has his team this season. :D.

I'm just saying.......:sssh::lol:

 

05 - 06 (22-13) (9-7 conference) That, a team with Randolph Morris, Rajon Rondo, Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley. Forgive me if I don't share your sentiments about Tubby Smith. I wish him well, I just don't think he's as great a coach as a lot of people here make him out to be. A good coach, yes, but he's doing the same things at Minnesota he did at KY. That's fine at Minnesota, but I don't think anyone on this board would be satisfied with 10 and 11 seeds in the tourney every year and an occasional sweet 16 appearance. Can we please just drop all this about Tubby because frankly it's getting old and boring. Every time I make a comment on here, I dont' always have Tubby Smith in mind, believe it or not.

:ohbrother::lol: I do agree on one thing in this post......."enough about that". :rolleyes:

 

:thumb: Forgive me for criticizing the great mage that is Tubby Smith.

If it happens, Travis Ford will be the guy. Not who I would want, but that's who it'll be.

05 - 06 (22-13) (9-7 conference) That, a team with Randolph Morris, Rajon Rondo, Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley. Forgive me if I don't share your sentiments about Tubby Smith. I wish him well, I just don't think he's as great a coach as a lot of people here make him out to be. A good coach, yes, but he's doing the same things at Minnesota he did at KY. That's fine at Minnesota, but I don't think anyone on this board would be satisfied with 10 and 11 seeds in the tourney every year and an occasional sweet 16 appearance. Can we please just drop all this about Tubby because frankly it's getting old and boring. Every time I make a comment on here, I dont' always have Tubby Smith in mind, believe it or not.

 

 

He took over a LOSING team, has less talent than UK right now in a tougher conference (no, it is not on the same level as the Big East or ACC), and has them in the tourney in year #2. He has done more with less than Billy has right this season.

 

I realize that not every comment on here is in relation to Tubby, ... but your percentages on Tubby bashing have been pretty high.

 

With that being said, I want to see BCG get another year. It is only fair IMHO.

Okay, now I am talking about OTS. Look what he inherited and look how he left the program. Enough about that.

 

He inherited no all americans, but some pretty good ball players. Won a title with a team far less talented than the '96 title team or the '97 runnersup. No all americans were left by Pitino (who I still admire for what he did) and the recruiting pipeline was drying up for him. That was not entirely his fault, as he had so much talent for a few years that it was hard to convince top flight players to come and sit the bench when the entire landscape of college basketball was changing and parity was becoming the norm.

 

I also believe in hindsight that Tubby was burned out and needed a change of pace. I hated that he left, but realize now that it was better that he left when he did. The pressure of this job, no matter who you are or how much they pay you, is so intense that 10 years is probably too long these days.

 

With that being said, we do agree on one thing, ... keep BCG for at least 1 more year.

:thumb::thumb: You beat me to it T.C.. I hope that BCG gets things going all this talk will end up being just that.

Should it come to it though I probably would go after Donovan again and Jay Wright.............and go after them with a wide open checkbook.

 

Me too, but if he goes those are the two I'd go after and go after with all we've got.

I think BCG stays in for another year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.