Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who got the Shaft?

Featured Replies

Honestly, I don't think any team left out got the shaft. St. Mary's didnt deserve to get in IMO

 

That's a joke. St. Mary's without question deserved to be in. Why didn't they deserve to be in?

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30-4 at-large advantage to the power conferences. Lessons learned if you're a mid-major:

 

1. Schedule a couple more power teams; play them at their place if you have to.

2. (I know - Captain Obvious here) Win your conference tournament.

30-4 at-large advantage to the power conferences. Lessons learned if you're a mid-major:

 

1. Schedule a couple more power teams; play them at their place if you have to.

2. (I know - Captain Obvious here) Win your conference tournament.

Both are Captain Obvious points. What usually happens if you beat a power team on the road? They drop you for the future, and other schools are wary of you. It's not as easy as it sounds for these teams.

That's a joke. St. Mary's without question deserved to be in. Why didn't they deserve to be in?

 

Their SOS is 159th!! They had 3 chances to knock off Gonzaga and get a nice quality win, and lost all three times.

 

Who can you give them as quality wins? Oregon? No way, plus Arizona beat Oregon twice.

 

Kent State? No thank you...

 

San Diego State? Oh, you mean the same San Diego State team that Arizona beat?

 

Providence? That game is decent, although Providence still finished the season 19-13

Their SOS is 159th!! They had 3 chances to knock off Gonzaga and get a nice quality win, and lost all three times.

 

Who can you give them as quality wins? Oregon? No way, plus Arizona beat Oregon twice.

 

Kent State? No thank you...

 

San Diego State? Oh, you mean the same San Diego State team that Arizona beat?

 

Providence? That game is decent, although Providence still finished the season 19-13

 

Sorry, but with Mills healthy this is easily a better team than Arizona or at least 4-5 other teams that got in.

Both are Captain Obvious points. What usually happens if you beat a power team on the road? They drop you for the future, and other schools are wary of you. It's not as easy as it sounds for these teams.

 

Vitale and Bilas had a spirited conversation about that; I can see both sides. Bottom line for St. Mary's; they got absolutely flattened by Gonzaga and I guess it didn't sit well with the committee.

Sorry, but with Mills healthy this is easily a better team than Arizona or at least 4-5 other teams that got in.

 

You cant look at that. Look at the schedule. Look at the facts. They didn't play a tough enough schedule to get them in. Also, with Patty Mills, they lost by 25 to Gonzaga last week.

I don't think Morehead State should have got the play in game. I thought If you won your conference tournament you avoided that? That being said....GO EAGLES!!!!!

 

I think its great, they get a chance to win a game.

You cant look at that. Look at the schedule. Look at the facts. They didn't play a tough enough schedule to get them in. Also, with Patty Mills, they lost by 25 to Gonzaga last week.

 

Yes you can. You can't be that naive to think they don't take injuries into consideration in the selection process. They lost 2 games with Mills. They were a completely different team with him on the court.

 

The loss to Gonzaga was his 2nd game back, sorry if I don't think he was 100% in that one....

I think Morehead was shafted.

 

I think Washington was shafted.

 

I think LSU was shafted.

 

I think the UK players and fans were shafted.

 

St. Mary's had the wins and the RPI to be in, they were shafted.

Vitale and Bilas had a spirited conversation about that; I can see both sides. Bottom line for St. Mary's; they got absolutely flattened by Gonzaga and I guess it didn't sit well with the committee.

 

You mean like Arizona did by Washington State, UCLA, UNLV, California, & Stanford?

  • Author

How can u possibly think Morehead was shafted.

How can u possibly think Morehead was shafted.

 

They aren't one of the bottom two teams in the whole tourney. They may have been a 16-seed, but they should be a step above the play-in game.

They aren't one of the bottom two teams in the whole tourney. They may have been a 16-seed, but they should be a step above the play-in game.

 

Well they do have a chance to win a game. Being placed at a 16 and they don't.

St Mary's, Creighton, Penn St, Auburn, and San Diego State got shafted.

 

Arizona, Maryland, and Minnesota got gifts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.