Will UK make the Big Dance? (Poll as of 3/5/09)

Guest Bluto

Will UK get into the NCAA tourney?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will UK get into the NCAA tourney?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • Doubtful
    • Nope

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a UK fan but if they make the big dance they will get embarrassed again. But that is probably better than being embarrassed in the NIT.

When did they get embarrassed in the NCAA Tournament? I thought they played a pretty good game against and good Marquette team last year?

I think a beating Florida, then Arkansas and Auburn in the SEC Tourney would get them in.

If they lose to Florida, beating Bama, LSU, and UT/SC in in the tourney might be enough.

So basically I think they need 3 more wins to have a shot. No matter how they get them.

I agree. They need 22 wins by sunday no matter how they come.

Those of you saying they HAVE to win the SEC tourney, do you really not think they'll get in if they do the following?

Beat Florida

Beat Arkansas

Beat Auburn

Beat UT

Lose to LSU or SC

That would put them at 23-12 and right on the last few in area.

Those of you saying they HAVE to win the SEC tourney, do you really not think they'll get in if they do the following?

Beat Florida

Beat Arkansas

Beat Auburn

Beat UT

Lose to LSU or SC

I think that would get them in, but I think you have a better chance at playing in the NBA than Kentucky has of winning at Florida tomorrow.

I think that would get them in, but I think you have a better chance at playing in the NBA than Kentucky has of winning at Florida tomorrow.

I'm not so sure. UK is struggling, but so is Florida. They've lost 6 of 9 (including one to Georgia).

Anyway, my point was that they don't HAVE to win the tourney.

Heck, I think losing to Florida, then beating Bama, LSU, and SC might do it too. (Although that may be the least likely of all the scenarios)

The name on the front of the jersey means NOTHING to the selection committee. If it did no way they leave Syracuse out the last few years or UConn when this group was young.. I get so tired of hearing that one...

Kentucky probably travels better than both of those schools. UK gets in the tournament the same way-in a down year-that Ohio State makes a BCS bowl in some years they don't deserve one: they put butts in the seats.

Kentucky probably travels better than both of those schools. UK gets in the tournament the same way-in a down year-that Ohio State makes a BCS bowl in some years they don't deserve one: they put butts in the seats.

It's very true in the Bowl system. Total myth in the NCAA Tournament...