Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who thinks Elliott County's run at state is legit?

Featured Replies

I, for one, believe that if Elliott County continues to have good shooting nights and T. Knipp continues to play with passion they have a good chance at making it to the finals.

Edited by cflannery0001
Computer locked up during post

  • Replies 81
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ME! ME!! ME!!!!

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

I, for one, believe that if Elliott County continues to have good shooting nights and T. Knipp continues to play with passion they have a good chance at making it to the finals.

I will one up you.

 

I think Elliott County has a very good shot at not only making it to the finals, but being the 2009 Kentucky State Basketball champions. That said, it is a very hard road for any team.

 

Go Lions!

What worrys me about Elliott Co is the bench play. They need to keep their starters on the floor when they make it to the state tourny.

What worrys me about Elliott Co is the bench play. They need to keep their starters on the floor when they make it to the state tourny.

 

They have two players right now contributing nicely (Flannery and Ison). The only way they will need a bench is if foul trouble occurs, which can very easily happen. Elliott's starting five will not get beat if it was up to conditioning; I have never seen them get tired or have I ever seen them be wore down by an opposing team. I am more worried about their first district game against East; IMO I think that it will be the hardest game they have until Rupp if they make it. I can't wait for it all to begin though. :banana:

They have a legitimate shot at it.

The thing that worries me most about Elliott County is their tendency to rely on the 3's even when they aren't dropping and when a team does not press against them. In the two games I watched T. Knipp was the only one willing to take it to the basket when the 3's weren't falling. If he continues to do so, they certainly are one of the top 4 or 5 teams to win it all.

I like their chances to win the whole tournament. The only thing I don't like is their draw. They will have a very tough road to the finals.

Elliott is a great team but has a terrible draw to win the state tourney. They will have to get through the first round without a slip up, then probably have a tough rematch with Shelby Valley in Quarters on Friday, then have to probably face a great Scott or Holmes team, whoever comes out of that one Friday, to play on Saturday Morning. Then in the finals, who knows. All I know is it's going to be some great basketball, Friday night will be sold out. They have as good a shot as anyone else. Good luck to them.

Nope, they won't win state.

I did want to add to my post that they still have to get 4 wins before we even need to worry about the state. They are going to have their hands full in the first round of the district tournament.

If the State were to be held at Elliott Co, they would be my pick. Shelby Valley has a good team , but won't beat Elliott Co the next time. As for Scott Co or Holmes , they will be tough to beat, but I feel Elliott can hang with either one. Good luck Elliott.:ylsuper:

IF Elliott is fortunate enough to make it to Rupp along with the 15 other region representatives, they have a good shot at winning it. It won't be easy though. They'll likely have to beat Anderson Co in the first round, who was beating them at the half I believe and then forced OT with them. Second round they'll likely see Shelby Valley, who has already beaten them. Semi's, barring an upset, they'll see either Holmes or Scott Co, who in a lot of peoples' opinion, are the top two teams in the state. Then, IF they make it to the finals, they'd likely see another 7th region team. IF they can make it to the finals, I can see the cutting down the nets, as I really don't see anyone from the upper bracket beating them..

 

The one advantage I do see for EC is that they won't have to beat both Scott Co and Holmes to get to the finals.

If the State were to be held at Elliott Co, they would be my pick. Shelby Valley has a good team , but won't beat Elliott Co the next time. As for Scott Co or Holmes , they will be tough to beat, but I feel Elliott can hang with either one. Good luck Elliott.:ylsuper:

 

Couldn't the same be said for pretty much any other top 5 team in the state? :lol:

-Can they?: Yes.

-Will they?: I don't know. :idunno:

-Are they a talented cohesive team?: Yes.

-Are they experienced?: Yes.

-Will this be their 3rd consecutive trip to the Sweet 16?: Yes.

-Does that matter?: You Bet it does.

-Are they driven?: Completely.

-Can they run with anyone?: They ran with Ballard, that's good enough for me.

-Do they play with a purpose?: Every time they step foot on the court.

-Do they have a winner mentality?: One of the best examples of one.

-Do they want it bad?: You know they do.

-Can they put up some points?: Highest average in the state.

-Can they look to next year?: There is no next year.

-Do they have any small town self-doubt?: Not in the least.

-Do they ever show much in the ways of lapses in games or throughout the season?: Not that I've ever seen mentioned.

 

I don't know, they seem like a really well oiled machine to me with a lot of never say die attitude, with a serious amount of talent to back it up.

 

-Do I want them to win the Sweet 16?: Down deep, I think I really do. It's a great story and makes for some great memorable basketball.

 

One thing for sure is that they won't go down easy so it's not so much who they have to get by, it's who has to get by them. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.