Who thinks Elliott County's run at state is legit?

Your right; its going to be a tough game for Elliott playing East in the first round of the district on East's home floor. Though East did not have the season I thought they would have (They were picked #2 in the region) I still think they could be dangerous, and I am sure they will give everything they got to be able to beat Elliott. However I think Elliott has no problem playing in these high pressure games, and have been in this situation many times in the past, and in the end I think they will pull it out. Im always more nervous about the opening of the district, even more then the regional final. With that said, I think Elliott can beat any team in the state if they play their game. It will be a great tourny this year and I cant wait to see how Elliott stacks up against Scott or Holmes or whoever they play. (if they make it to the state which by all honesty they should)

Who is playing better than East right now besides Elliott? They are probably #2 in the region right now, along with the other 2 62nd district teams right behind them.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking their game against East Carter is going to be a really tough one. IF they win this one they will probably set it on cruise control until the first round of state. East will be prepared for them and they won't be an easy out. There have been many very good teams in the past upset in their district. This one will be closer than many think.:thumb:

I'm not sure, but I don't believe it will be Elliott. Sorry to ruin your day.

You didn't ruin my day. I don't know if Elliott County will win the state or not. Heck they might not make it out of the district. But I thought by the way your last post sounded that you could see the future or something. I thought you might just go ahead and fill everyone in on who the next state champs were.

BTW, I look forward to watching South Laurel play in the state tournament this year.

It will probably be Corbin representing the 13th Region this season. The Redhounds are a very talented team and are rated in the top 10. Plus, they are deep, too. South Laurel did beat them earlier this season, but the Cardinals might not even get past Whitley County in the first round of the 50th District Tournament.

As for you comments about me seeing the future, go ahead and be that way, this forum is for people to express their opinions and I did just that. I'm sorry if I don't believe Elliott County won't win state. Doesn't mean it will happen. But I am happy that you put my thoughts in such high regard though.