Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Garrard County

Featured Replies

What does Garrard County need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garrard has a core of young, talented, and enthusiastic coaches. I look forward to seeing them climb the ladder again. I think this is a team to watch out for in this region in the next few years.

Good Luck to Garrard County and Coach Mark Scenters....I think that he will get that program back on track in the next few years. He has an excellent group of eighth graders coming up into the HS ranks this next year. (Eighth Grade Salt River Conference champs in a conference that includes Danville, Rockcastle, Boyle, Lincoln, Mercer and Casey)

Their 8th graders are very talented! And their Juniors, upcoming Seniors are talented as well. 2009 should be a very good year for Coach Scenters and the staff. Should be fun to watch!

From what I've seen Garrard was loaded last year with top notch athletes, and I don't believe they lost much, so they should have a nice season.

From what I've seen Garrard was loaded last year with top notch athletes, and I don't believe they lost much, so they should have a nice season.

 

 

It looks like they lost only 6 seniors off of their roster. Somerset lost only 6 as well and only 3 full time starters. Those two should be at the top of the District next season. Wayne has some nice returning players as well.

It looks like they lost only 6 seniors off of their roster. Somerset lost only 6 as well and only 3 full time starters. Those two should be at the top of the District next season. Wayne has some nice returning players as well.

 

Yeah, the district should be very solid next year. Garrard has to go to Somerset, so that will be tough. They do get Wayne at home.

Garrard got an absolute STEAL when they hired Mark Scenters. He was passed over by other schools when he was an assistant and he will prove to be one of the better head coaches in the area given some time. Classy guy, great coach!

Garrard got an absolute STEAL when they hired Mark Scenters. He was passed over by other schools when he was an assistant and he will prove to be one of the better head coaches in the area given some time. Classy guy, great coach!

 

:thumb:

Garrard got an absolute STEAL when they hired Mark Scenters. He was passed over by other schools when he was an assistant and he will prove to be one of the better head coaches in the area given some time. Classy guy, great coach!

 

Agreed:thumb:

From what I've seen Garrard was loaded last year with top notch athletes, and I don't believe they lost much, so they should have a nice season.

 

Who will be coming back as QB?

An upcoming sophomore Austin Napier I have heard. He is definetly an athlete, very strong, quick, and can defenitly play QB. Should be an exciting year for GC.

For anyone interested, here's a look at the 2009 schedule:

 

Aug. 21 - @Anderson County

Aug. 28 - Rowan County (Death Valley Bowl - Lincoln County)

SEPT. 4 - WEST JESSAMINE

Sept. 11 - @Estill County

Sept. 18 - OPEN

SEPT. 25 - WAYNE COUNTY*

OCT. 2 - JACKSON COUNTY*

Oct. 9 - @Somerset*

Oct. 16 - @Taylor County*

OCT. 23 - CASEY COUNTY*

Oct. 30 - @Lincoln County

What does Garrard County need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

They need to improve defensively. I didn't see them play last year so I can't speack to the problem. Garrard fans was it scheme? Coaching? Lack of strength?

They need to improve defensively. I didn't see them play last year so I can't speack to the problem. Garrard fans was it scheme? Coaching? Lack of strength?

 

I think just the kids adjusting to a first year staff and new approach. I expect that Garrard, though young this year, will compete hard. The attitude seems to be much more positive then before Scenters took over and that is a huge step in the right direction.

 

The biggest improvement I saw was in the offense. They scored 21.8 ppg in 2007 & improved by nearly 10 ppg scoring 31.3 ppg in 2008. The defense went from giving up 28.2 ppg in 2007 to 33.6 in 2008, but a big part of that was from 3 games vs Bell County (50) the 4A State Champs, Taylor Co (65) who scored 480 pts last season and Frankfort (54) who scored 500 pts last season. The final game against Breathitt (state 3A runner up) in the 3A playoffs, Garrard lost 28-13 and Breathitt averaged over 32 ppg in the playoffs and 34.7 ppg for the entire season.

Edited by MountainThunder

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.