Clay's take on Gillispie's interviews

Q man

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest question: is it truly his job? Are coaches required to do the interviews (which I also think are stupid and really don't provide any insight whatsoever to the watching fans)?

I don't know for sure that it is contractually obligated, and I've never heard confirmation on that. However, I can't imagine any coach voluntarily agreeing to something so asinine.

I don't know for sure that it is contractually obligated, and I've never heard confirmation on that. However, I can't imagine any coach voluntarily agreeing to something so asinine.

I'd say you are absolutely right!

I wouldn't want to deal with him again if I was Jeannine Edwards and the Kentucky fans don't want to see him in action again either.

Is he paid to?

Has anyone established if the interviews are indeed part of the deal?

I don't care one way or the other, I was just saying what is good for one seems to tick the other side off when it happens to them. Sometimes coaches and the media are funny, sometimes sad.

Well put Nky!

Someone needs to send a tape of Jeannine Edward's halftime interview with Kevin Stallings last night, to Billy Clyde and let him break it down and learn from it.

Stallings spoke with class and sophistication and then went on to his players in their locker room.

That's not too hard now is it Billy Clyde?