Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How well do you think UK will do?

How far will UK make it in the NCAA tournament? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. How far will UK make it in the NCAA tournament?

    • Miss it completely/NIT
      0%
      0
    • First Round
      2%
    • Second Round
      28%
    • Sweet 16
      51%
    • Elite 8
      12%
    • Final Four
      1%
    • National Championship Game
      0%
      0
    • Title #8
      4%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted National Champ or at least thats what I want. :popcorn::notworthy::clap::D:banana::dancingpa

I am sticking with my final four prediction :thumb:

 

Go Cats!!!

 

Didn't you predict that last year too?

I am liking more and more how this team plays.

 

Play hard on defense and Foster Brooks is running a nice offense that is hard to guard for Meeks/Patterson.

 

No injuries and the younger players continue to develop and cut down on the TO's AND they get the right matchups in the draws and I think an Elite 8 run is VERY feasible.

Didn't you predict that last year too?

 

He will every year until they don't have a basketball program. :lol:

Didn't you predict that last year too?

 

No, last year's prediction was when UK was sitting at 7-9 and I said they'll win 12 games in the SEC and make the NCAA tourney :thumb:

I predict second round or sweet sixteen..

:thumb:

 

They should at least win one game in the tournament. I think Sweet 16 would be the odds on bet. With their conditioning and defense, I think they have the potential to advance further if Meeks is on and the rest of the teams contributes. However, since they rely heavily on two players, they're also a perfect candidate for an early upset.

 

Here's how I'd rate their chances at this point...

 

1. Sweet 16 or Second Round - Definitely the most probable scenarios.

2. Elite 8 or First Round - Less likely, but it shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anybody if it happens.

3. Final Four - Not probable by any means, but certainly possible in today's college basketball.

4. Championship or Runner-up - I won't say impossible, but...considering who they'd likely be matched up against it would take a fairly big upset to win one game, much less two, at that point in the tournament.

 

The thing is, you never really know in March. UK could luck out and get in one of those brackets where the top seeds all get knocked off, meaning they'd get to play lower seeded cinderella's for 3-4 games.

 

At this point though, I think a Sweet 16 appearance is a reasonable expectation. As someone else said, anything past that would just be icing on the cake. On the flipside, the only outcome that should really disappoint a fan is a first round loss. If UK loses in the second round, I don't think it should be viewed as an underachievement necessarily...I'd definitely be disappointed, but I wouldn't view the team as a failure because of that.

 

Congradulations! You just lost all credibility with me.

:thumb:

 

They should at least win one game in the tournament. I think Sweet 16 would be the odds on bet. With their conditioning and defense, I think they have the potential to advance further if Meeks is on and the rest of the teams contributes. However, since they rely heavily on two players, they're also a perfect candidate for an early upset.

 

Here's how I'd rate their chances at this point...

 

1. Sweet 16 or Second Round - Definitely the most probable scenarios.

2. Elite 8 or First Round - Less likely, but it shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anybody if it happens.

3. Final Four - Not probable by any means, but certainly possible in today's college basketball.

4. Championship or Runner-up - I won't say impossible, but...considering who they'd likely be matched up against it would take a fairly big upset to win one game, much less two, at that point in the tournament.

 

The thing is, you never really know in March. UK could luck out and get in one of those brackets where the top seeds all get knocked off, meaning they'd get to play lower seeded cinderella's for 3-4 games.

 

At this point though, I think a Sweet 16 appearance is a reasonable expectation. As someone else said, anything past that would just be icing on the cake. On the flipside, the only outcome that should really disappoint a fan is a first round loss. If UK loses in the second round, I don't think it should be viewed as an underachievement necessarily...I'd definitely be disappointed, but I wouldn't view the team as a failure because of that.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I needed that, I hope and pray you were joking.

:thumb:

 

They should at least win one game in the tournament. I think Sweet 16 would be the odds on bet. With their conditioning and defense, I think they have the potential to advance further if Meeks is on and the rest of the teams contributes. However, since they rely heavily on two players, they're also a perfect candidate for an early upset.

 

Here's how I'd rate their chances at this point...

 

1. Sweet 16 or Second Round - Definitely the most probable scenarios.

2. Elite 8 or First Round - Less likely, but it shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anybody if it happens.

3. Final Four - Not probable by any means, but certainly possible in today's college basketball.

4. Championship or Runner-up - I won't say impossible, but...considering who they'd likely be matched up against it would take a fairly big upset to win one game, much less two, at that point in the tournament.

 

The thing is, you never really know in March. UK could luck out and get in one of those brackets where the top seeds all get knocked off, meaning they'd get to play lower seeded cinderella's for 3-4 games.

 

At this point though, I think a Sweet 16 appearance is a reasonable expectation. As someone else said, anything past that would just be icing on the cake. On the flipside, the only outcome that should really disappoint a fan is a first round loss. If UK loses in the second round, I don't think it should be viewed as an underachievement necessarily...I'd definitely be disappointed, but I wouldn't view the team as a failure because of that.

 

I love you. Plain and simple, and I don't care if the whole BGP nation knows it.

Congradulations! You just lost all credibility with me.

 

I'm sure 5wide is devastated. :lol: Maybe if you're going to criticize his opinion so heavily, you should at least give a reason why he's so wrong...

I'm sure 5wide is devastated. :lol: Maybe if you're going to criticize his opinion so heavily, you should at least give a reason why he's so wrong...

 

Oh, trust me, he knows.

Oh, trust me, he knows.

 

Raca...

 

Think about it.

 

:isurrender::D

As important as Meeks and Patterson are I think the determining factor to their success is the play of the other three on the floor. Meeks and Patterson are going to play well, but some help would be wonderful. In saying that, I think Perry and Ramon step up and the Cats go the the Elite Eight!

 

Blue

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.