Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How well do you think UK will do?

How far will UK make it in the NCAA tournament? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. How far will UK make it in the NCAA tournament?

    • Miss it completely/NIT
      0%
      0
    • First Round
      2%
    • Second Round
      28%
    • Sweet 16
      51%
    • Elite 8
      12%
    • Final Four
      1%
    • National Championship Game
      0%
      0
    • Title #8
      4%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Meeks and Paterson can take them. I am wanting to say the National Title but I am going to say no less that the Sweet 16.

Second round.

With a 4-6 seed the Cats could and should go to the Sweet 16, anything more is just icing on the cake IMO....

First or second round. However, I do think Meeks and Patterson are pro caliber players that have the ability to carry UK on a run through March. Whether it will happen or not remains to be seen...

Sweet 16, MAYBE Elite 8 depends on the draw, but probably not. They will be about a 4 seed imo.

They'll go as far as Meeks and Patterson carry them, I see them getting into the second round at least and even making it to the Sweet 16. If they got anywhere past those two I would defintley take it but I think it might be a stretch. Just depends on their seeding along with who else is in their bracket.

I think UK will do well in the weak SEC and get a good enough seed to get them into the sweet 16, but will lose there to a better team.

If they do not start taking care of the ball better, they will have an early exit from the NCAA. They also need someone besides Meeks who can step up and be a reliable outside shooter.

I am sticking with my final four prediction :thumb:

 

Go Cats!!!

Sweet sixteen, maybe elite eight with a good draw.

  • Author
First or second round. However, I do think Meeks and Patterson are pro caliber players that have the ability to carry UK on a run through March. Whether it will happen or not remains to be seen...
Change this to sweet 16 and you have my opinion.

2nd round exit for the Cats this year. Sweet 16 with a little luck.

First or second round. However, I do think Meeks and Patterson are pro caliber players that have the ability to carry UK on a run through March. Whether it will happen or not remains to be seen...

 

:thumb:

 

They should at least win one game in the tournament. I think Sweet 16 would be the odds on bet. With their conditioning and defense, I think they have the potential to advance further if Meeks is on and the rest of the teams contributes. However, since they rely heavily on two players, they're also a perfect candidate for an early upset.

 

Here's how I'd rate their chances at this point...

 

1. Sweet 16 or Second Round - Definitely the most probable scenarios.

2. Elite 8 or First Round - Less likely, but it shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anybody if it happens.

3. Final Four - Not probable by any means, but certainly possible in today's college basketball.

4. Championship or Runner-up - I won't say impossible, but...considering who they'd likely be matched up against it would take a fairly big upset to win one game, much less two, at that point in the tournament.

 

The thing is, you never really know in March. UK could luck out and get in one of those brackets where the top seeds all get knocked off, meaning they'd get to play lower seeded cinderella's for 3-4 games.

 

At this point though, I think a Sweet 16 appearance is a reasonable expectation. As someone else said, anything past that would just be icing on the cake. On the flipside, the only outcome that should really disappoint a fan is a first round loss. If UK loses in the second round, I don't think it should be viewed as an underachievement necessarily...I'd definitely be disappointed, but I wouldn't view the team as a failure because of that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.