Highlands Banquet

jbwill2

I can't believe that I am commenting on this topic, but here I am. I don't necessarily think that the highlight tape is to long, Raceland's is about an hour, but what Raceland did at there banquet is: have the highlight tape playing when people come into the auditorium for the banquet after the meal. About half of the highlight tape was played at the banquet, then it was stopped and the speakers spoke and the awards were handed out. All the players received a copy of the highlight tape to watch it in it's entirety at a later time.

This allowed the context of the tape to be relayed, but it also spurred interest and probably got more people to buy a copy so they could watch the complete version in their own home and helped raise money for the football program.

Now, I have no opinion on how Highlands should run their banquet, they can do it how ever they want, it is up to them. Just giving another option.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that I am commenting on this topic, but here I am. I don't necessarily think that the highlight tape is to long, Raceland's is about an hour, but what Raceland did at there banquet is: have the highlight tape playing when people come into the auditorium for the banquet after the meal. About half of the highlight tape was played at the banquet, then it was stopped and the speakers spoke and the awards were handed out. All the players received a copy of the highlight tape to watch it in it's entirety at a later time.

This allowed the context of the tape to be relayed, but it also spurred interest and probably got more people to buy a copy so they could watch the complete version in their own home and helped raise money for the football program.

Now, I have no opinion on how Highlands should run their banquet, they can do it how ever they want, it is up to them. Just giving another option.

That is a great idea. That is a great way to help promote the tape, (which really doesn't need much promoting but), nonetheless I like that idea.:clap:

I just hope they feature Coach Weinrich's infamous "pep talk". What a thing of beauty THAT was!!! If there only was some audio of it!!

That alone will be worth the price of the DVD! Maybe that will be the the big start of the highlights that Silver Streaker alluded to in another post???

I just hope they feature Coach Weinrich's infamous "pep talk". What a thing of beauty THAT was!!! If there only was some audio of it!!

That alone might be worth the cost of admission. Unless, or course you were in that huddle. They probably still dream about it.

I have a picture of that infamous moment in my living room.:lol::isurrender:

I tried to find it on You Tube, but it isn't there, yet. There were so many great moments to the rant that I don't think I could pick just one....

LOVE IT!!!!! Hail to Coach Weinrich! :notworthy:

Here's to next years Defense! :deadhorse:

Get ready boys!

That maybe so and I glad all the proceeds go to football it just seems a little long to me. I bet its a thrill to see yourself on a highlight film and for some of the kids it may be there last time playing football so I get that its for the kids but some of the kids that I have spoken to in the past have admitted that the 3 hour tape is too long. Oh well I guess agree to disagree.

Is this how much we want the season to come back around that we are arguing about the length of a highlight film.:clap:

How do the proceeds help the football program?:confused:

Exactly how many people attend Raceland's football banquet that aren't football players parents? With the players already receiving a copy for themselves, why would a football parent buy an extra copy to watch at home.

Seems to me that either the DVD's are being sold for a very high price or they are packing the place with people from the city to raise enough money to make a difference. It sounds like a great plan but it doesn't seem to add up to me. But who knows, i would buy 2 extra copies just to help out the Football program if i knew it would make a difference.

Exactly how many people attend Raceland's football banquet that aren't football players parents? With the players already receiving a copy for themselves, why would a football parent buy an extra copy to watch at home.

Seems to me that either the DVD's are being sold for a very high price or they are packing the place with people from the city to raise enough money to make a difference. It sounds like a great plan but it doesn't seem to add up to me. But who knows, i would buy 2 extra copies just to help out the Football program if i knew it would make a difference.

I would guesstimate there were approximately 250 people at the Raceland banquet, with 50 of those being players and 100 of those being parents of the 50 players. The rest were grandparents, support staff, school staff, boosters, and some people who are otherwise involved in the program. I don't know how many DVD's were sold, but there was a box full of them that was empty at the end of the banquet.