Highlands Banquet

jbwill2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be difficult considering I heard the highlight tape is 2 1/2 hours long.:eyeonyou:

How can you possibly have a highlight film that long? After a while everyone gets the point. I have a highlight film that's 45 minutes and that's all you need. It turns into a snoozer. JMO though.

How can you possibly have a highlight film that long? After a while everyone gets the point. I have a highlight film that's 45 minutes and that's all you need. It turns into a snoozer. JMO though.

I have done highlight videos for teams and students for several years in various sports (football, basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, etc). I can tell you that 45-55 minutes is about right. 2 & 1/2 hours is way too long IMHO. In 2 & 1/2 hours, you can generally fit 5 full game videos in from beginning to end.

It's for the kids... it may be boring to you but to the athletes it will be something they will cherish for years. Especially this year's tape. More emphasis was placed on "highlighting" all players this year rather than focusing on the seniors. I think that alone will make this year's version a real plus for the entire squad... don't be late to the banquet 'cause the best part is at the beginning!

All, 100%, of the proceeds from the tape goes directly back into the football program!

The highlight tape is 2 hours and 20 minutes. Exactly, one hour shorter than last year. If the 'birds fail to win state in '09, the tape length will be more to your liking... 45 minutes!:p

It's for the kids... it may be boring to you but to the athletes it will be something they will cherish for years. Especially this year's tape.

The highlight tape is 2 hours and 20 minutes. Exactly, one hour shorter than last year. If the 'birds fail to win state in '09, the tape length will be more to your liking... 45 minutes!:p

With going all the way to the title game and winning it, I can see it being longer. But 2 hours & 20 minutes is basically every play from 5 games.

I know the kids love them and it is something they will be able to have for years and years.

Hopefully, given that much time, there are some special sections dedicated to the seniors, the title game, etc.

I have done highlight videos for teams and students for several years in various sports (football, basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, etc). I can tell you that 45-55 minutes is about right. 2 & 1/2 hours is way too long IMHO. In 2 & 1/2 hours, you can generally fit 5 full game videos in from beginning to end.

Were your highlight tapes including a 15 game season?

Once again, if you ask the athletes what would thier response be? I don't think anyone of them will say it was too long... especially when they see themselves in the highlights...

I have one son that just finished playing football at the next level. He played for one of the academies. He would love to have a highlight tape of the calibre of Highlands. He played at HHS and he knows the differance. The 'birds tape includes multi angles, slow motion and isolation shots on the big plays in the game. We also included several half time talks given by Dale Mueller and several pre-game motiviational talks given before the game by some of the players. So, in essence, the highlight tape is not entirely football play after football play.

Edited by Silver Streaker

Were your highlight tapes including a 15 game season?

Once again, if you ask the athletes what would their response be? I don't think anyone of them will say it was too long... especially when they see themselves in the highlights...

I have one son that just finished playing football at the next level. He played for one of the academies. He would love to have a highlight tape of the calibre of Highlands. He played at HHS and he knows the differance. The 'birds tape includes multi angles, slow motion and isolation shots on the big plays in the game. We also included several half time talks given by Dale Mueller and several pre-game motiviational talks given before the game by some of the players. So, in essence, the highlight tape is not entirely football play after football play.

That maybe so and I glad all the proceeds go to football it just seems a little long to me. I bet its a thrill to see yourself on a highlight film and for some of the kids it may be there last time playing football so I get that its for the kids but some of the kids that I have spoken to in the past have admitted that the 3 hour tape is too long. Oh well I guess agree to disagree.

Is this how much we want the season to come back around that we are arguing about the length of a highlight film.:clap:

That maybe so and I glad all the proceeds go to football it just seems a little long to me. I bet its a thrill to see yourself on a highlight film and for some of the kids it may be there last time playing football so I get that its for the kids but some of the kids that I have spoken to in the past have admitted that the 3 hour tape is too long. Oh well I guess agree to disagree.

Is this how much we want the season to come back around that we are arguing about the length of a highlight film.:clap:

Believe me, if we could have finished the tape in 2 hours we would all have been happy in the studio. The final version was just approved by the coach and packed into the jewel cases last night.

But the length of the tape is only part of the football banquet... Dale will continue to give well deserved praise to all of his athletes and coaches for the great 2008 campaign. Only one person can alter that game plan. :notworthy:

Well, as someone who can't get to any Highlands games, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOVE these Highlands football highlight videos!!!! I got the one for the 2007 season, and if anything I thought it was too short! I still pull it on and watch it from time to time... it's probably my favorite "movie."

I will call the school to order the 2008 version tomorrow!!!!

Go 'Birds!

And regarding the length of the awards banquet...

... given how much time, effort, hard work and dedication these kids put into the football program, I think it's only fitting that these kids be given all sorts of praise during the banquet!

I would sit thru a 2 1/2 hour football highlight tape mulitple times before I would sit thru a 2 1/2 hour Hollywood Oscar winning movie once.:popcorn:

Amen, baby. If I was handcuffed to the seat, I'd chew through my arm to get away from having to see Titanic again. Ever.