Highlands Banquet

jbwill2

Is this the full list of awards/award recipients for the banquet? Any JV or frosh awards given?

That first list was just the seniors.

Juniors:

Brian Beck JV Mr. Highlands Football

Austin Collinsworth Underclassman MVP

Brandon Roller Underclassman MVP

Tyler Combs Underclassman Mr Highlands Football

Hunter Schlosser Underclassman Mr. Highlands Football

Sophmores:

Cory Compton JV Mr. Everything

Daniel Gold JV MVP

Ryan Hahn JV Red Dog Spirit Award

Freshman:

Ben Dupont Mr. Highlands Football

Austin Sheehan Mr. Highlands Football

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want to mention that the Highlight tape was excellant. Also the senior parent speech was perfect. Very very good speech. It captured a parents perspective of having a son as a Highlands football player, from a former Highlands football player. And so the tradition continues.:ylsuper:

Highlands Banquet Awards

Michael Laber; Mr. Highlands Football

Tony Guidugli; MVP

Adam Dempsey; MVP

Nick Martin; Red Dog Spirit Award

Kody Resenhagen; Ron Welch Award

Blake Newman; Quinn Stapleton Award

Jaren Frank; Mr. Determination Award

Teddy Abner; Coaches Perserverance Award

Peter Bardgett; Blocking Excellance

Josh Conner; Career Excellance Award

Oliver Head; Mr. Everything Award

Alex Horner; 110% Award

Jake Turner; Fourth Quarter Award

I appologize. I left off someone, which is why I hate to make lists. Clint Crawford. He had a fantastic year. He stepped up to the plate and dominated this year. Leading at running back when Conner went down with a broken leg at the begginning of the season. All the while battling injury himself. His endeavors on the field payed off with an award named after him.

I agree L/N but one thing I would like to see change is to have the senior parent talk at the beginning of the banquet vs. toward the very end. I think Bud Dempsey did an outstanding job and really enjoy his presentation. I'll let someone else fill you in on the awards because I can't remember everyone and I don't want to leave someone out.

I also thought Bud did a fantastic job and gave a great speech. Excuse me Louie for not mentioning it in my previous post. Well done. :thumb:

That first list was just the seniors.

Juniors:

Brian Beck JV Mr. Highlands Football

Austin Collinsworth Underclassman MVP

Brandon Roller Underclassman MVP

Tyler Combs Underclassman Mr Highlands Football

Hunter Schlosser Underclassman Mr. Highlands Football

Sophmores:

Cory Compton JV Mr. Everything

Daniel Gold JV MVP

Ryan Hahn JV Red Dog Spirit Award

Freshman:

Ben Dupont Mr. Highlands Football

Austin Sheehan Mr. Highlands Football

Wow, nothing for Jake True. They should of just picked one of these 2 kids above and just been done with it. One MVP on the freshman level is better than leaving one player out. I wasn't there but i'm sure somewhere in that program, Jake True was told that we were sooooooooooo glad you are here at Highlands. Congrats to both Ben and Austin. Well done...

Wow, nothing for Jake True. They should of just picked one of these 2 kids above and just been done with it. One MVP on the freshman level is better than leaving one player out. I wasn't there but i'm sure somewhere in that program, Jake True was told that we were sooooooooooo glad you are here at Highlands. Congrats to both Ben and Austin. Well done...

Again I apologize, Jake True received Freshman MVP.

Congrats to Jake on a great year.

Senior, Tyler Miller also recieved an award. It wasn't announced at the banquet. I'm sure it was a faux pas and happened because he went first in the new "expedient" format. He struggled with injuries this year and didn't see the action he wanted but was a valuable ingredient (as they all were) to the title defense.

It was finished by 6. Things went smoothly and expeditiously. Great banquet.

Highlight tape was "the best ever". Major props to Messrs. Brossart, Cecil and Newman for a fantastic job putting it together. Some very sad moments ( a tribute to Mitch), some very funny moments and a whole lot of good football in between.

Steve Roller was able to attend. I think it was great for Steve to attend and great for the kids to see Steve up and doing well.

Just an awesome banquet. :thumb:

Now comes that terrible part of the year between the banquet and Spring football: the real Dead Period! :D

Great to hear. The soccer banquet was also very nicely done:thumb:

Someone mentioned that Crawford got an award named after him... was it called The Clint Crawford Award, or something else?

Also, what award did Tyler Miller receive?

If anyone knows of any other awards that were not listed above, please post them, since I will be posting this information on the Highlands football website, and do not want to leave someone out!!!

Someone mentioned that Crawford got an award named after him... was it called The Clint Crawford Award, or something else?

Also, what award did Tyler Miller receive?

If anyone knows of any other awards that were not listed above, please post them, since I will be posting this information on the Highlands football website, and do not want to leave someone out!!!

Yes, Clint received the Clint Crawford Award.

Don't know about Tyler Miller.

I agree L/N but one thing I would like to see change is to have the senior parent talk at the beginning of the banquet vs. toward the very end. I think Bud Dempsey did an outstanding job and really enjoy his presentation. I'll let someone else fill you in on the awards because I can't remember everyone and I don't want to leave someone out.

That Dempsey lad did a very nice job in thanking the few the proud and the...

He really did a nice job. The senior class presenting their moms with a rose as a token of thanks and love really hit a chord throughout the Syndicate!

You made your son proud Louis!