Did Any One Hear This

Da champ

Could Warren have been proving the racial divide that still exists in our country by everyone getting so worked up about this? Just a question...

Racial divide still exists in this country thats no doubt. But it exists in ALL races. Not just in Whites and just not in blacks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a white man I am not offended by the least bit. This country has been ran by old white men since the beginning. Guess what, they have stuck it to poeple of color (all color) since the beginning. If you think the United States of America is a placed where all men and women are treated equal, then you are going through the world with blinders on.

As a white man I am not offended by the least bit. This country has been ran by old white men since the beginning. Guess what, they have stuck it to poeple of color (all color) since the beginning. If you think the United States of America is a placed where all men and women are treated equal, then you are going through the world with blinders on.

Thank you!!!!

Absolutely. And I think it is wrong for us to even act like their is no color difference. We should celebrate one anothers differences and live united as one.

The immediate reaction to the bolded is that whites have all the favors.

But I would submit that freedom of speech does not exist for whites. Exhibits would be all of the people on television that uttered some stupid statement that was blown out of proportion as being racist and they lost their job.

I stand in front of my class tomorrow and make some sort of racial comment and good chance I am unemployed by the end of the day.

The immediate reaction to the bolded is that whites have all the favors.

But I would submit that freedom of speech does not exist for whites. Exhibits would be all of the people on television that uttered some stupid statement that was blown out of proportion as being racist and they lost their job.

I stand in front of my class tomorrow and make some sort of racial comment and good chance I am unemployed by the end of the day.

lbbc, I'm sorry, but if you're trying to convince me that white MEN don't hold the upperhand in most every aspect in American society, I'll warn you....I won't ever be convinced of that.

lbbc, I'm sorry, but if you're trying to convince me that white MEN don't hold the upperhand in most every aspect in American society, I'll warn you....I won't ever be convinced of that.

Didn't say that. But I contend they don't have as much freedom and upperhand as you think.

One slip of the tongue even in an innocent way and they will be shunted and thrown out of office or removed from where they are.

And if you are saying that women and minorities are held back like they were 50 years ago, I won't ever be convinced of that either.

White do whats right? I'm white and I think I'm doing just fine.

Then I guess it isn't applicable to you, is it?

Kind of like the pastor's sermon. If he's talking about adultery by men, do you get upset and angry and say, "Hey, I'm doing right, don't say that!?"

If it's not applicable, let it go. Sometimes people are looking for something and grab anything to say, "I told you so."

Let me as YOU this...if the minister had said "black man" would you have a problem with this?

All races are mentioned. It's a prayer for ALL people. To single out one phrase is to ignore the whole message. Like so many things, people take something out of context, the context loses it's meaning, and someone gets upset.

You’re defending something that’s racist and quite simply indefensible. It had one meanning only, no other way to take it.

You’re defending something that’s racist and quite simply indefensible. It had one meanning only, no other way to take it.

:notworthy: I can't think of standing in the presence of the great Karnack that knows all and reads all intentions. :ohbrother: