Did Any One Hear This

Da champ

Seriously, there are people of all races who LOOK for something to be upset about, and assume racial bias as soon as a color is mentioned. It's indicative of what I call the "symptom" theory. People are so concerned with the symptoms, they're afraid to find out what the disease is, and focus on the squelcing the symptom, but never acknowledge the disease.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, there are people of all races who LOOK for something to be upset about, and assume racial bias as soon as a color is mentioned. It's indicative of what I call the "symptom" theory. People are so concerned with the symptoms, they're afraid to find out what the disease is, and focus on the squelcing the symptom, but never acknowledge the disease.

Disease is stupidity and you can't stamp out stupidity.

So, you don't see the "big picture" here?

Let me ask this. Had Bush or someone representing Bush said something of the said nature "Black should do whats right", do you think no one would say anything and everyone would go on with their business?

Let me ask this. Had Bush or someone representing Bush said something of the said nature "Black should do whats right", do you think no one would say anything and everyone would go on with their business?

All heck would break lose. Period !!

Let me as YOU this...if the minister had said "black man" would you have a problem with this?

All races are mentioned. It's a prayer for ALL people. To single out one phrase is to ignore the whole message. Like so many things, people take something out of context, the context loses it's meaning, and someone gets upset.

Agreed....not really a big deal but I thought it was a little shot there at the end...

Let me as YOU this...if the minister had said "black man" would you have a problem with this?

All races are mentioned. It's a prayer for ALL people. To single out one phrase is to ignore the whole message. Like so many things, people take something out of context, the context loses it's meaning, and someone gets upset.

No, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I wouldn't have a problem if a white man would've said "White do right" neither because we are of the same race. IMO, it was a cheap shot that he could've left out.

No, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I wouldn't have a problem if a white man would've said "White do right" neither because we are of the same race. IMO, it was a cheap shot that he could've left out.

I'm completely confounded.

Could Warren have been proving the racial divide that still exists in our country by everyone getting so worked up about this? Just a question...

Warren wasn't the closing minister. I can't remember that minister's name, and I'm not able to watch at work.