New Bracketology

formerkywrestler

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me I'm not taking anything from Davidson or Curry which is one of the best pure shooters in basketball but I just think that Meeks is just as good they are putting up similar numbers againist some decent out of conference opponents lets face it,no matter who is playing againist these two guys its hard to keep them from scoring 20 especially when the offense runs through them

Trust me I'm not taking anything from Davidson or Curry which is one of the best pure shooters in basketball but I just think that Meeks is just as good they are putting up similar numbers againist some decent out of conference opponents lets face it,no matter who is playing againist these two guys its hard to keep them from scoring 20 especially when the offense runs through them

Yes I can agree with you in your conferences both will most likely score at will every game, but it wouldn't happen in the ACC, sorry.

^ even if it did, they'd have to have another score in bunches to sustain a good amount of wins, and that certainly wouldn't happen night it and night out.

Yes, take Rice last year. He had a streak of dropping like 30 a night for Boston College for like four or five games, and still lost like two of them...

Just look at your arguement...

UK- UNC-lost handily, Miami- lost, K-state comeback win poor team, Vandy SEC speaks for itself, then throw out WVA b/c Davidson played them too

Davidson- Down to the wire with Okla lost, gave Duke a decent game lost, Purdue lost, Nc state beat them. Looks similar, I'd almost give the nod to Davidson.

Here they are vs top 100.

Team (Ken Pom rank/realtimerpi rank)

UK (4-3):

UNC (2/7) - L

K State (32/100) - W

WVU (12/27) - W

Miami (30/32) - L

UofL (13/12) - L

Vandy (61/101) - W

UT (39/28) - W

Davidson (2-3):

OU (14/4) - L

NCST (93/123) - W

Purdue (15/53) - L

WVU (12/27) - W

Duke (1/1) - L

So UK has more games played and more wins. I think I'll go with UK.

Here they are vs top 100.

Team (Ken Pom rank/realtimerpi rank)

UK (4-3):

UNC (2/7) - L

K State (32/100) - W

WVU (12/27) - W

Miami (30/32) - L

UofL (13/12) - L

Vandy (61/101) - W

UT (39/28) - W

Davidson (2-3):

OU (14/4) - L

NCST (93/123) - W

Purdue (15/53) - L

WVU (12/27) - W

Duke (1/1) - L

So UK has more games played and more wins. I think I'll go with UK.

If you are going to compare like that, then all you're doing is padding UK's games. One you should have the same amount of games at least. Then this whole time the UK fans are saying except okla and Duke when it would look good for Davidson, but now in this case it hurts, so you add them in there?

UK- UNC-lost handily, Miami- lost, K-state comeback win poor team, Vandy SEC speaks for itself, then throw out WVA b/c Davidson played them too

Davidson- Down to the wire with Okla lost, gave Duke a decent game lost, Purdue lost, Nc state beat them. Looks similar, I'd almost give the nod to Davidson.

UK would beat Davidson by 10+ if they played tomorrow on a neutral court.:thumb:

If you are going to compare like that' date=' then all you're doing is padding UK's games. One you should have the same amount of games at least. Then this whole time the UK fans are saying except okla and Duke when it would look good for Davidson, but now in this case it hurts, so you add them in there?[/quote']

:confused: How is that padding UK's games? Thats simply a list of top 100 teams each team has played based on the rankings from two seperate computer based rankings.

You're free to not count the Duke/OU games for Davidson, but you'd have to throw out the UNC/UofL games for UK. (and why we'd do that, I'm not sure)

It is fairly close, but based on the numbers, UK has perferomed better.

If you are going to compare like that' date=' then all you're doing is padding UK's games. One you should have the same amount of games at least. Then this whole time the UK fans are saying except okla and Duke when it would look good for Davidson, but now in this case it hurts, so you add them in there?[/quote']

Why would the number of games need to be the same? He's comparing games against top 100 teams....that's what you all are arguing about....

So with the teams you listed...

UK 2-2

Davidson 1-3

A loss is a loss, a win is a win

Not sure how you give the nod to Davidson

I love when FACTS leave a debate...it makes this world of fiction, so much mroe enjoyable....

Let's see, Duke's RPI is #1, their SOS is #3

UK's RPI is #59, their SOS is #126 (flat awesome)

Davidson's RPI is #21, their SOS is #60

I love it!!!

Wonder who will lose earlier on the Big Dance?

_UK_

Davidson

Kentucky

I will say Davidson 1st Round

_UK_ and Kentucky Sweet 16