Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina

Featured Replies

Nothing happened because he was not charged with a DWI because he was below the legal limit of .08 BAC.

 

He was charged with misdemeanors due to state law prohibiting anyone under the age of 21 from driving after drinking any amount of alcohol. He was also charged for driving with a suspended license.

 

I thought Roy suspended him a game or so early this year. So he didn't have any team discipline?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that is your assessment, where would Dean Smith fall into that catagory? He had been coaching what, 20 years, when he won the title in '82?

 

I think to evaluate a coach based on NCAA Titles is a tough thing.

 

Is John Thompson less of a coach because he lost 2 titles to a bad pass and a red hot Villanova team?

 

I think Williams is a very good coach but it hasn't translated into NCAA titles through the years.

 

:thumb:

As much as this will irritate the UK faithful, I would like to see a Duke v. Carolina National Championship game.

We'll see, I think Duke will win the ACC but UNC will have there hands full in the ACC. They'll be fine but everyone will be after them since they are the talk of America.:thumb:

 

I don't know if Duke will win it or not, actually kind of nervous because they have to play Wake twice, and of course UNC twice. They sweep those games wow. :clap:

If that is your assessment, where would Dean Smith fall into that catagory? He had been coaching what, 20 years, when he won the title in '82?

 

I'll never argue that Dean Smith wasn't a good coach. Of course he was. And I'll be crucified here for this comment, but I think Smith did less with more than anyone is college coaching history.

As much as this will irritate the UK faithful, I would like to see a Duke v. Carolina National Championship game.

Why not a UC UNC or a UC Duke final? Where is you're loyalty bearman?:lol:

I don't know if Duke will win it or not' date=' actually kind of nervous because they have to play Wake twice, and of course UNC twice. They sweep those games wow. :clap:[/quote']

 

If they sweep those games they deserve a clap. Thats rough. I wouldn't put it past the Dukies to win the ACC. I dont think they arethe most talented but they lay very well as a team.

Nothing happened because he was not charged with a DWI because he was below the legal limit of .08 BAC.

 

He was charged with misdemeanors due to state law prohibiting anyone under the age of 21 from driving after drinking any amount of alcohol. He was also charged for driving with a suspended license.

 

So he did not get a DUI, but instead 2 misdeameanors? And still no action taken by the school or Roy Williams?

It is college basketball and anything can happen. It takes a lot of luck to make it through the tourny, but North Carolina is one of the most talented teams in the country and could very well do so. But unless they make a first weekend exit from the tourny, there is really no reason to be disappointed in Williams.

I'll never argue that Dean Smith wasn't a good coach. Of course he was. And I'll be crucified here for this comment, but I think Smith did less with more than anyone is college coaching history.

 

And you might have a good case. The same case is often made against Joe B. Hall but his record wasn't as bad as some tend to think. :thumb:

Roy Williams is a great coach (probably top 5 in the country). His success can't be measured in national titles. That's asking too much in today's game.

I'll never argue that Dean Smith wasn't a good coach. Of course he was. And I'll be crucified here for this comment, but I think Smith did less with more than anyone is college coaching history.

 

Agree with you on this one. Dean Smith had as much talent over a period of 10 to 15 years except for John Wooden and he was close to his talent.

Agree with you on this one. Dean Smith had as much talent over a period of 10 to 15 years except for John Wooden and he was close to his talent.

 

In just terms of future NBA talent that either became All-Stars or played on NBA title teams I can think of these:

 

Charlie Scott

Bob Macadoo

Larry Brown

Mitch Kupchak

Phil Ford

Walter Davis

James Worthy

Al Wood

Sam Perkins

Michael

Brad Daugherty

Herbert Davis

Rick Fox

George Lynch

Eric Montross

Rasheed Wallace

Jerry Stackhouse

Antwan Jamison

Vince Carter

 

 

Out of that he won 2 NCAA titles. One in '82 with probably his best starting five and '93 with a deep team that had great role players and were deep.

 

He did make 11 Final Fours I think. Just food for thought. :clap:

Coach Williams always coaches his teams up in the regular season and then CHOKES in the tourney. Makes you wonder if he is nothing more than Ron Zook.

Out of that he won 2 NCAA titles. One in '82 with probably his best starting five and '93 with a deep team that had great role players and were deep.

 

He did make 11 Final Fours I think. Just food for thought. :clap:

 

11 Final Fours is very impressive.

 

2 NCAA titles are nice, but one could argue both of those titles, if not handed to him, were at least made a little more winnable because of dumb things done by opposing players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.