January 19, 200917 yr Is Roy Williams going to choke just like he did at Kansas with a loaded team? If he doens't win it all, Williams will dissapoint me.
January 19, 200917 yr Do you think they will win the ACC? Yes. They have almost 2 months to get things together. They'll be fine. Wake, Duke & Clemson are leading the way in the conference right now but I think UNC will get it together and win the conference title.
January 19, 200917 yr Author Yes. They have almost 2 months to get things together. They'll be fine. Wake, Duke & Clemson are leading the way in the conference right now but I think UNC will get it together and win the conference title. We'll see, I think Duke will win the ACC but UNC will have there hands full in the ACC. They'll be fine but everyone will be after them since they are the talk of America.:thumb:
January 19, 200917 yr Being a Uk homer, I dislike NC as much as most of you. But, labeling a coach as a choke for not winning the most elusive title in all of sports just because you are in position to do so, is a bit much. I am happy with the coach we have in place, that being said, I like Roy's philosophy on the game more than any active coach.
January 19, 200917 yr To answer your question: Yes, as usual. And unfortunatley, you will be dissapointed.
January 19, 200917 yr Roy Williams is the latter-day version of Lute Olson. He just got lucky and got his sooner.
January 19, 200917 yr I have a question about North Carolina. Didn't Ty Lawson get a DUI right after he declared for the NBA draft last year? He later pulled his name out of the draft & came back to school, but what happened to the DUI? No suspension or anything? The media never mentions it either. I'm a big Ty Lawson the player fan, but I can't believe that nothing ever came of that.
January 19, 200917 yr I have a question about North Carolina. Didn't Ty Lawson get a DUI right after he declared for the NBA draft last year? He later pulled his name out of the draft & came back to school, but what happened to the DUI? No suspension or anything? The media never mentions it either. I'm a big Ty Lawson the player fan, but I can't believe that nothing ever came of that. Nothing happened because he was not charged with a DWI because he was below the legal limit of .08 BAC. He was charged with misdemeanors due to state law prohibiting anyone under the age of 21 from driving after drinking any amount of alcohol. He was also charged for driving with a suspended license.
January 19, 200917 yr I wouldn't mind Williams coaching one of my teams. Top 5 every year, Final 4 threat every year, Top 5 recruiting class every year. Heck it's hard enough getting to the Sweet 16, let alone winning the whole thing.
January 19, 200917 yr I don't agree that it can be called a disappointment if he doesn't win the championship. With the talent he has, he should make it to the Final Four or at the very least - the Elite 8. That being said, it takes a great deal of things in your favor to win it all. It depends alot on matchups, injuries, and sometimes just plain luck. I think making to the Final Four would be a successful season for UNC. I would like to add as well, that while they are loaded with talented players, they have been exposed lately as not quite being as good as expected. They are vulnerable in several areas.
January 19, 200917 yr Author To answer your question: Yes, as usual. And unfortunatley, you will be dissapointed. I'm a UK fan, so I won't be dissapointed. I think Williams has the talent this year but won't get a championship with it.
January 19, 200917 yr Roy Williams is the latter-day version of Lute Olson. He just got lucky and got his sooner. If that is your assessment, where would Dean Smith fall into that catagory? He had been coaching what, 20 years, when he won the title in '82? I think to evaluate a coach based on NCAA Titles is a tough thing. Is John Thompson less of a coach because he lost 2 titles to a bad pass and a red hot Villanova team? I think Williams is a very good coach but it hasn't translated into NCAA titles through the years.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.