Franklin County Coaching Situation

footballhd

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a guy on staff that could do it, but I am not sure he wants too. He also is a varsity head coach in another sport at Franklin County.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about ...

Isn't the coach in question a former head football coach as well?

Good luck, Coach Ledford, in whatever you do. Never got that much of a chance to work with you as you were hired after I left the Frankfort area, but I've heard nothing but good things about you from other people.

I'm not a Franklin County fan, but I hope they keep the same basic offensive philosophy. I'm sure we could debate the merits of it till the cows come home, but the bottom-line is this: The Flyers have been a lot of fun to watch the past few years. And I think the players probably enjoyed it.

I'm not a Franklin County fan, but I hope they keep the same basic offensive philosophy. I'm sure we could debate the merits of it till the cows come home, but the bottom-line is this: The Flyers have been a lot of fun to watch the past few years. And I think the players probably enjoyed it.

I understand why people think it would be an easy for the kids.

So you would pass on a coach that has 3 state titles just because he only throws it twice a game? I think you hire a coach based on his quality not what type of offensive scheme they run.

I understand why people think it would be an easy for the kids.

So you would pass on a coach that has 3 state titles just because he only throws it twice a game? I think you hire a coach based on his quality not what type of offensive scheme they run.

CoachBuckett, you're reading between the lines of my post.

I've been around football more than long enough to know better than to think it's "easy" for the kids.

As I'm not from Franklin County, I have absolutely no idea what coach you're referring to. And no, I would hardly base my decision on choosing a coach on what type of O - or D - they run. That's ludicrous, and not what I said at all. It - the style of play coached - is really not relevant to the choosing of a new coach. Or at least, it shouldn't be.

My point was simply meant to compliment Coach Ledford...speaking strictly as an outsider...I enjoyed watching his teams. That's all I meant, nothing more.

If they do have a clinic I would love to know about it.

Now to think the type of offense or defense a coach runs is not a factor at all is being a little simple. I am not saying it is factor in all hires but it is a factor in some. To say it does not is not looking at the big picture. Certain schemes fit certain personal more.

Coach Ledford probably just got tired of the principal and superintendent that do not support thier coaches or athletic programs and think that a few individuals are more important than a team or a program as a whole. I think that was the same reason Walker was happy to get out of FCHS as well.