Eastern 71 Manual 61

Eastern led by as many as 18/19 in the second half, but relaxed and let Manual back in it. The Crimson got as close as seven in the final minute, but Eastern held on in a game they should've won by 25.

Manual seems to have regressed since I last saw them. They may have overscheduled.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for Eastern. I think it's safe to assume them and J'town are the two favorites in the 7th.
Ballard is certainly in the mix, too ... and I wouldn't totally count out Male, Trinity and St. Xavier. Maybe even Seneca and Manual when Jenkins returns.

Ballard is certainly in the mix, too ... and I wouldn't totally count out Male, Trinity and St. Xavier. Maybe even Seneca and Manual when Jenkins returns.

Without Jenkins in the lineup, Manual struggles to get out of the districts. With Jenkins, a regional title and more is possible. Its just that simple.

Without Jenkins in the lineup, Manual struggles to get out of the districts. With Jenkins, a regional title and more is possible. Its just that simple.

I'm beginning to wonder if a region title is reasonable now even with Jenkins returning to the lineup. He's been in and out so much, the team chemistry will be in doubt by the time he comes back. With so many top-tier teams in the 7th, Manual will have to really put things together in a hurry to be a legit contender to pull off what will be three big games in a row.

Not saying they can't do it - Manual is exceedingly well-coached and they have the talent. They're just going to be facing a very uphill battle IMO...

I'm beginning to wonder if a region title is reasonable now even with Jenkins returning to the lineup. He's been in and out so much, the team chemistry will be in doubt by the time he comes back. With so many top-tier teams in the 7th, Manual will have to really put things together in a hurry to be a legit contender to pull off what will be three big games in a row.

Not saying they can't do it - Manual is exceedingly well-coached and they have the talent. They're just going to be facing a very uphill battle IMO...

They don't look very good without Jenkins.They sure need him to do well as a team.

On the flip side, with Jenkins out somebody for Manual is getting valuable minutes and experience that could pay dividends come playoff time. I think the key for Manual is getting Jenkins 100% healthy by playoffs. The chemistry should work itself out. Sounds like Manual's big man is improving offensively each game and maybe with Jenkins out he's getting more scoring opportunities and gaining confidence.

Jenkins became the most prolific offensive player who, now after seeing Hood play, is the most complete and top player in the state when healthy.

Get Jenkins back to 110% and Manual is top 5 again. No one player is more important to a team's success than Jenkins.

Manual is getting valuable experience. Nikolic has shown he can be the inside presence a team needs. Samsel has shown he can be the floor leader necessary to win. Mix Jenkins in and Manual is the threat coaches saw this summer.

Jenkins became the most prolific offensive player who, now after seeing Hood play, is the most complete and top player in the state when healthy.

Get Jenkins back to 110% and Manual is top 5 again. No one player is more important to a team's success than Jenkins.

Manual is getting valuable experience. Nikolic has shown he can be the inside presence a team needs. Samsel has shown he can be the floor leader necessary to win. Mix Jenkins in and Manual is the threat coaches saw this summer.

So, now he went from one of the top 2 to one of the top 1?

That's right. When he's healthy, there wasn't anyone better. That's my opinion and several others after watching the games last night. I guess you could spin it any way you wish, but that's my opinion.

Hopefully Jenkins recovers and all the players can reach their potential as a team this season.

That's right. When he's healthy, there wasn't anyone better. That's my opinion and several others after watching the games last night. I guess you could spin it any way you wish, but that's my opinion.

Hopefully Jenkins recovers and all the players can reach their potential as a team this season.

I didn't spin anything. There's plenty without me adding. Hope he recovers fully soon.