Eastern 71 Manual 61

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a rumor that Elliot County was trying to get Manual to come down and fill in a game?

Would be nice to see one of the big city schools come down and put an end to the Elliot County "myth".

Why do I have the feeling Manual won't take the challenge?:rolleyes:

Before you assume Manual is ducking Elliot, wouldn't it make sense to see if the date is available to both schools?

I heard a rumor that Elliot County was trying to get Manual to come down and fill in a game?

Would be nice to see one of the big city schools come down and put an end to the Elliot County "myth".

Are there no buses in Elliott Co. that can make the trip to Louisville?

1 and it is booked up.

Manual said they are trying to play a team from California.

So, if that's true, how can one say that Manual isn't accepting the challenge Elliott Co presents? It sounds like they have a different challenge they'd like to pursue.

Manual is overbooked and has been for some time. We even looked at a team from San Diego to try and see if they would play us to showcase a UL commit. It didn't happen because Manual has no more room without breaking the maximum number of games allowed.

Since when would Manual fear playing any team? That's a bogus statement to begin with. Manual always plays a loaded schedule and plays more than few of the state's best for the last 4 years. Elliott County would be just another game on the schedule.

Manual has Ballard, St X, and Provine, Mississippi (a 3-time defending state champ in the SL HoopFest) coming up this week alone. Manual had every top event scheduled this season held in Kentucky (mainly because Jenkins was on the roster).

The myth that just got shattered is the one where Manual would ever dodge a team from Kentucky. Its hogh school basketball not "Tap Out."

While we are calling out teams, why doesn't anyone question why Manual and Madisonville don't square off or get paired up at least once in the 6 or 7 tourneys or events that both teams are in?

Isn't it interesting that Manual and Madisonville play in HoopFest, LIT, KOB, KY Preps Classic, Fast Lane (preseason), 5th/3rd Classic, and manage not to pair up #1 and #2 players to settle it all? Yes, Jenkins has been out, but the schedules were set long before the season started. What's up with this?

While we are calling out teams, why doesn't anyone question why Manual and Madisonville don't square off or get paired up at least once in the 6 or 7 tourneys or events that both teams are in?

Isn't it interesting that Manual and Madisonville play in HoopFest, LIT, KOB, KY Preps Classic, Fast Lane (preseason), 5th/3rd Classic, and manage not to pair up #1 and #2 players to settle it all? Yes, Jenkins has been out, but the schedules were set long before the season started. What's up with this?

Who are you calling out, exactly?

To answer your question ...

Madisonville has little to go with Hood. Guys that put on the best events try to match up teams of comparable strength to ensure good games. Manual, by all accounts, was a much higher-rated team in the preseason than Madisonville.

And maybe, just maybe, some aren't convinced that Hood and Jenkins are necessarily #1 and #2 ...

Madisonville has little to go with Hood. Guys that put on the best events try to match up teams of comparable strength to ensure good games. Manual, by all accounts, was a much higher-rated team in the preseason than Madisonville.

And maybe, just maybe, some aren't convinced that Hood and Jenkins are necessarily #1 and #2 ...

And a lot of people do believe they are. The fact still remains, Manual's schedule is loaded and will play any one they are paired up with.

And a lot of people do believe they are. The fact still remains, Manual's schedule is loaded and will play any one they are paired up with.
That's fine, but the premise is debatable on Hood and Jenkins being #1 and #2 ... and I suspect many that don't are far less biased than you are on the issue.

And I never said Manual's schedule wasn't loaded ...

Uh-oh, you've done it now...652.gif

I believe the mistake was "calling out teams to begin with"! It is obvious to me that Manual hasnt ducked anyone with their schedule. I believe this stems from many blasting Elliott's schedule, but expecting them to strengthen it by playing on the road when they only have 8 home games as it is. I am quite certain Manual had nothing to do with this situation.;)

Uh-oh, you've done it now...652.gif

McPapa is always here to jump in when he can. Jenkins has nothing else to prove but to get back into play and help Manual acheive their goals. He proved it over and over again on every single venue, but some want their own players to get the mention so the best way is to try and go after the top players.

Here's hoping a hard-working and talented good kid gets back on the court to play the game he loves. Nothing else matters in terms of sports.

McPapa is always here to jump in when he can. Jenkins has nothing else to prove but to get back into play and help Manual acheive their goals. He proved it over and over again on every single venue, but some want their own players to get the mention so the best way is to try and go after the top players.

Here's hoping a hard-working and talented good kid gets back on the court to play the game he loves. Nothing else matters in terms of sports.

Mcpapa has stated on multiple occasions that the only time he saw Jenkins and Hood on the same court, Jenkins played much better.

Maybe Mcpapa was talking about Mr. Hood...:eek:

Mcpapa has stated on multiple occasions that the only time he saw Jenkins and Hood on the same court, Jenkins played much better.

Maybe Mcpapa was talking about Mr. Hood...:eek:

Snap reaction I guess from the thread saying Manual is ducking a team. My apologies.