Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Enjoy Listening To...

Featured Replies

1) Bobby Knight - I could listen to Knight talk X's and O's all day long. He has more basketball knowledge in his finger than most coaches. He trully is The General.

 

2) Jay Bilas - His voice is a little mundane, but Bilas really knows the game of basketball. I enjoy listening to him because he knows what he is talking about.

 

3) Greg Anthony - He caught me a little off guard, but he is a really an insightful announcer.

 

4) Dick Vitale - I know some will disagree with me, but Dicky V IS college basketball in my opinion and I really just enjoy his passion for the game and the kids.

 

5) Jimmy Dykes - After listening to him last night, I must confess - I really like Dykes.

1 and 3 make me want to Puke:eek:

  • Author
1 and 3 make me want to Puke:eek:

 

I guess you like announcers that are full of ridiculous cliches and don't really know the game of basketball?

1. Have always loved RMK. His style on TV is great--he doesn't know every single player by name or know every stat but he knows the game like no one else.

2. Bilas is as knowledgeable as anyone out there. Sounds like a coach and could probably be one someday if he would want to.

3. Anthony was good with the NBA and is good with colleges too.

4. I agree about DV but he's just over the top sometimes.

5. I like Dykes.

 

Another is Bob Valvano doing UL radio and TV games. I think he is very good--like Bilas, very analytical.

  • Author
1. Have always loved RMK. His style on TV is great--he doesn't know every single player by name or know every stat but he knows the game like no one else.

2. Bilas is as knowledgeable as anyone out there. Sounds like a coach and could probably be one someday if he would want to.

3. Anthony was good with the NBA and is good with colleges too.

4. I agree about DV but he's just over the top sometimes.

5. I like Dykes.

 

Another is Bob Valvano doing UL radio and TV games. I think he is very good--like Bilas, very analytical.

 

I actually caught Valvano on the radio a few games ago. I was impressed.

1) Bobby Knight - I could listen to Knight talk X's and O's all day long. He has more basketball knowledge in his finger than most coaches. He trully is The General.

 

2) Jay Bilas - His voice is a little mundane, but Bilas really knows the game of basketball. I enjoy listening to him because he knows what he is talking about.

 

3) Greg Anthony - He caught me a little off guard, but he is a really an insightful announcer.

 

4) Dick Vitale - I know some will disagree with me, but Dicky V IS college basketball in my opinion and I really just enjoy his passion for the game and the kids.

 

5) Jimmy Dykes - After listening to him last night, I must confess - I really like Dykes.

 

 

Amen, brother! :thumb:

 

I love all these guys, too! A nod to Bill Raferty; I know thw cliches can turn people off but he knows the game! I grew up watching him call Net games on Sportschannel (the only reason to watch Net games on Sportschannel in those days) and love him calling college games.

I actually caught Valvano on the radio a few games ago. I was impressed.

 

You used to be able to catch Bob Valvano on ESPN occassionally and he was really good. I don't make it a point to listen to Louisville on the radio, but I have caught them a couple times. And he does a really nice job.

Amen, brother! :thumb:

 

I love all these guys, too! A nod to Bill Raferty; I know thw cliches can turn people off but he knows the game! I grew up watching him call Net games on Sportschannel (the only reason to watch Net games on Sportschannel in those days) and love him calling college games.

 

I absolutely love listening to Bill Raftery!

Many of you might disagree, but I've always been a fan of Clark Kellogg. I'm tickled to death that he's replacing Billy Packer as the lead commentator on CBS.

Many of you might disagree, but I've always been a fan of Clark Kellogg. I'm tickled to death that he's replacing Billy Packer as the lead commentator on CBS.

 

Agree think Clark Kellogg very up on the game. Did not like Packer too pro ACC.

I guess you like hat justannouncers that are full of ridiculous cliches and don't really know the game of basketball?

 

Or guys that just call the game and not over analyze every play.

Or guys that just call the game and not over analyze every play.

Yeah. What good is a guy that actually spent a ton of time actually breaking down tapes and passing that along to the viewing audience...

Personally, I loved BCG's comments when talked about the "basketball expert" Dick Vitale. Priceless.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.