American Idol: Season 8

titletownclown

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Do you know if the people were allowed to say if they made it? I have a friend that is not saying how she did. Not for sure what to make of that.

Umm... My guess would be that if they got through, they wouldn't be allowed to tell. I don't see why they wouldn't allow people to say they didn't make it.

Did any one else wonder what the heck happened when they accused the guy who sang "White Lightning" of threatening them when he said "Y'all be careful'?

Is that just a Kentucky thing?:confused:

That was totally stupid on their part. He wasn't threatening them. He was just trying to be polite. :irked:

That was totally stupid on their part. He wasn't threatening them. He was just trying to be polite. :irked:

I agree it was way overblown. And the way they played it up showing that clip in commercials/previews, etc was stupid. They made that guy out to be some kind of maniacal villain when he really just seemed like a pretty good guy that took the "no" pretty well...

One of the guys - Wil? - that was from Louisville tonite is well known in certain NKY high schools. He actually performs and performed at a pep rally sometime in the last few years. The girls didnt think he was as cool as he did. My daughter about flipped out when she saw the guy .

Did any one else wonder what the heck happened when they accused the guy who sang "White Lightning" of threatening them when he said "Y'all be careful'?

Is that just a Kentucky thing?:confused:

IF you're from L.A. and you hear someone say "you be careful" it has a different connotation that when you're from Cox Creek, KY and hear it. Its no different than "be good."

I didn't think the guy was too bad on the Geo Jones song. It wouldn't have sounded right it he sang it in what's considered to be a "good voice."

It was blown out of proportion for sure. He was just being polite. My father built the big subdivision in Cox's Creek and that is definitely just a saying there. I agree with Clyde, I honestly didn't think he did a bad job of the song at all.

Once again, I wasn't too impressed with anyone.

I hear "Be Careful" all the time in Southeastern KY. It's just polite.

It was really stupid on AI's part (and the judges) to make it into something big.

Cowell actually asked the guy when he walked out if the UK cell phone on his hip was a gun!?!:rolleyes:

The judges came in with pre-conceived notions, and the show itself actually played some banjo music as a lead in to the show being in LOUISVILLE, the Mecca of bluegrass music.:confused:

They overreacted to the gesture and acted like the guy was some sort of backwoods maniac driven by an unseen anger. Sad.

I never have liked the show much, and probably won't watch much more of it.

Arrogant, insecure and stupid apparently can get you far in the entertainment business.