Louisville 87 Notre Dame 73

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Call it what you want, but it was another great win. This team is quickly becoming battle tested. You can call it luck, winning games at the end, but in the record book it just says W. 4 straight W's, against 3 NCAA tourny teams.

This team is playing better, that can't be denied. Samuels and Jennings are coming of age. Gody got "his" but they did a good job patrolling the paint.

As for the Clark comment, if 15pts and 10 boards is disappearing, then call Earl a ghost.

T-Will with another monster performance: 24pts, 16boards and 8 assist. He is one of the best all-around players in the Big East.

I missed the first 15 minutes of the game, maybe the production was then. It just felt like he wasn't a viable option down the stretch, which he needs to be.

I know exactly what you mean, just giving you a hard time. I would've never guessed he had a stat line like that. The kid doesn't understand how good he can be.

That dunk over Gody was awesome.

Well considering that ND had the ball with the opportunity to take a game-winning final shot, I'd say it was pretty lucky that they threw it away. :thumb:

They weren't lucky at all. They made a big stop, and won it in OT. If they don't steal the ball, ND was just as likely to miss and force OT as they were to make it and win.

They weren't lucky at all. They made a big stop, and won it in OT. If they don't steal the ball, ND was just as likely to miss and force OT as they were to make it and win.

If the visiting team has the ball and the chance for the last shot to win the game, you are very fortunate to get to overtime. Just my opinion, of course.

If the visiting team has the ball and the chance for the last shot to win the game, you are very fortunate to get to overtime. Just my opinion, of course.

I look at the Villanova game as fortunate, but tonight the UL flat out won the game. Jackson penetrated to a bad spot on the court and forced a pass to KMac who wasn't even close to being open. Actually, ND may have caught a break on the over and back call, even though Williams traveled after he got the ball. Much different than 'Nova missing two free throws and three point blank shots in the last four seconds.

The pressure of Louisville, affected Notre Dame late. I thought the Cardinals, were impressive most of the game and if they play like this, have a chance to be in the Final 8 or better.

If they can consistently play with the defensive intensity they showed late in regulation and in the OT, they will have a good shot to get that far.

So just so we're clear, UK was very lucky to be tied with UofL going into the final possession of that game, correct?

U of L was very lucky to get the game winning shot from Sosa in that game. Anyways, I'm not going to argue about the level of luck involved in U of L wins anymore. I have stated several times U of L picked up a good, hardfought win.

I look at the Villanova game as fortunate, but tonight the UL flat out won the game. Jackson penetrated to a bad spot on the court and forced a pass to KMac who wasn't even close to being open. Actually, ND may have caught a break on the over and back call, even though Williams traveled after he got the ball. Much different than 'Nova missing two free throws and three point blank shots in the last four seconds.

For some reason, everyone it trying to too hard to define lucky or something. ND had the ball in a tie game with 23 seconds on the clock. Regardless of the level of defense, the ND mistakes, the turnover, or anything else that happened - they are fortunate to escape in that situation. :idunno: