Is there a tougher region than the 11th?

I'd say the 11th is the toughest in the state but the top teams in the 7th can compete and beat the top teams in the 11th.

I'd put the 9th right behind those two.

9th is a pretty tough region too. It is down a little because usually CCH could compete for state as well as Holmes.

I'd say the 11th is the toughest in the state but the top teams in the 7th can compete and beat the top teams in the 11th.

I'd put the 9th right behind those two.

I'd agree with Eta. I'm looking at it more as a "top-to-bottom" kind of thing...and an 11th vs. the 7th Showcase - as was mentioned earlier - would be a pretty even-steven affair right now.

The 9th has some solid teams this year, and the #1 ranked team. Sometimes forgotten because of Holmes is the fact that Ryle, Boone County, and Highlands are pretty darn good. But I think the 9th is a solid "3rd" - well ahead of #4, but definitely behind #1 & #2.

I'd say a Jeffersontown-Eastern-Ballard-Seneca-Male-Trinity matchup vs. Scott County-Bryan Station-LexCath-Dunbar-Franklin County-Madison Central would be a pretty sweet showdown.

I'd take Scott County over J-town, and Bryan Station over Eastern.

give me Ballard over LexCath, Seneca over Dunbar, and Male over Franklin County.

I'll pick MC over Trinity.

That would be an even 3-3 split, so let's add two teams. St. X for the 7th vs. Henry Clay. I'd pick HC, giving the 11th a 4-3 edge.

But wait! How about Manual vs. Tates Creek? And Moore vs. Lex Christian? I'd give the 7th region schools the nod in both, so now the 7th leads, 5-4...

We could go on and on... :D

(BTW, I went down the Litkenhous ratings of each region to come up with those matchups.)

I'd agree with Eta. I'm looking at it more as a "top-to-bottom" kind of thing...and an 11th vs. the 7th Showcase - as was mentioned earlier - would be a pretty even-steven affair right now.

The 9th has some solid teams this year, and the #1 ranked team. Sometimes forgotten because of Holmes is the fact that Ryle, Boone County, and Highlands are pretty darn good. But I think the 9th is a solid "3rd" - well ahead of #4, but definitely behind #1 & #2.

I'd say a Jeffersontown-Eastern-Ballard-Seneca-Male-Trinity matchup vs. Scott County-Bryan Station-LexCath-Dunbar-Franklin County-Madison Central would be a pretty sweet showdown.

I'd take Scott County over J-town, and Bryan Station over Eastern.

give me Ballard over LexCath, Seneca over Dunbar, and Male over Franklin County.

I'll pick MC over Trinity.

That would be an even 3-3 split, so let's add two teams. St. X for the 7th vs. Henry Clay. I'd pick HC, giving the 11th a 4-3 edge.

But wait! How about Manual vs. Tates Creek? And Moore vs. Lex Christian? I'd give the 7th region schools the nod in both, so now the 7th leads, 5-4...

We could go on and on... :D

(BTW, I went down the Litkenhous ratings of each region to come up with those matchups.)

Nice work. :thumb:

Not sure I'd go with 11th in a landslide.

Outside of Scott Co and Bryan Station, none of the other teams are really strong enough to make a run in the state tournament.

Whomever "makes a run" and gets to Rupp out of the 7th or the 11th WILL be strong enough to make a run in the state tournament. That probably can be said for the 9th as well. However there are regions where that is not so likely.