Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Storming the Court

Featured Replies

I was just watching the UNC/Wake game, and #4 Wake beat #3 UNC by 3. Following the final horn, the Wake student section stormed the court.

 

I know this is a big tradition, and beating UNC is always big, but why would a team that is ranked 4th in the nation storm the court against anyone?

I was just talking to my brother about that. I understand if someone who wasn't very good beat them, but when your number 4 and they are number 3, I would hold back on the storming the court. JMO though.

  • Author
I was just talking to my brother about that. I understand if someone who wasn't very good beat them, but when your number 4 and they are number 3, I would hold back on the storming the court. JMO though.

 

Storming the court and the "overrated" chants, IMO, are the dumbest things you can do at a game. When you say the team you just beat is overrated, your devaluing your own win, thus saying your not as good as that win appears either, since that team is overrated. Then storming the court, ESPECIALLY when your #4 in the country, is just absurd.

Not a fan if you are ranked in the top 5 and undefeated...If, I don't know, say HARVARD were to beat UNC, im all for it, but Wake has been there, and they are there again...stay off the floor.

I knew this thread was coming. :lol: I hate when fans do that too.

Storming the court and the "overrated" chants, IMO, are the dumbest things you can do at a game. When you say the team you just beat is overrated, your devaluing your own win, thus saying your not as good as that win appears either, since that team is overrated. Then storming the court, ESPECIALLY when your #4 in the country, is just absurd.

 

:lol: I never thought of the overrated chant like that, but I would have to agree both are stupid. I mean if I went to, lets say, Eastern Kentucky and for some reason we beat #3 North Carolina then I would probably storm the court myself....but when you are ranked one position higher than your foe...come on.

While not a fan of it in most situations like this, I'm sure it was a very emotional night at Wake and we know students can get very caught up in it. They were in a rebuilding mode when Skip passed away, and UNC has been all but crowned champions for 9 months. It's not like the entire arena stormed the court, just the student section and it looked pretty mellow...

They are kids who were excited over a big win. I see nothing wrong with it.

I think storming the court has it's place in the college game. However; I do find it sort of odd if it's not a huge upset.

They are kids who were excited over a big win. I see nothing wrong with it.

 

Thats what I am thinking, don't read into it anymore than what it is, a bunch of crazy college kids having a good time and supporting there team in a big win. I see nothing wrong.

I like storming the court/field, whatever when it's merited. If your team is in the top 25, it's never merited. If your team is a traditional power in the sport, it's never merited.

Also, the players didn't take part in the celebration with the fans. They acted like they were supposed to win this one, which is what I liked most.

I don't mind the fans storming the court...it's a big win so they are celebrating, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.