Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is UK as good as they should be?

Simple question are the Cats playing at the level they should be? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Simple question are the Cats playing at the level they should be?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm fairly pleased with the exception of Liggins. I thought he was going to be the outright starter coming into this season. Miller hasnt let me down because I knew all along he couldnt be a contributor at UK. If Harris can keep a steady pace of what he is doing right now then I think UK will be alright. They have to keep getting a good performance out of either Perry or Harrelson each game. Mike P is starting not to hurt us as much if any.

 

That's funny as Billy Clyde believes and has stated publicly that once Miller understands what he needs to do, he will be a superstar at UK.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Besides the blunder to open up the season, I have been well pleased with the CATS so far!

 

I think that's the key. The season opener was a stumble for sure, but the Cats on the whole have played very well this season. Depending on what I see from them tonight, I would have no problem with making a prediction that Kentucky could come out on top of a uncommonly substandard SEC.

I just think UK could be a little bit better... but you really about every team.

You named two solid players and two freshmen. The rest...well. :idunno:
Patterson is only "solid"? :irked:

I'm pretty happy with the team this year. 12-4 is a good mark thus far, and teams should expect to stumble against lesser talent every now and then. BCG has done an adaquete to good job thus far.

That tells me everything I need to know.

 

Yeah, where's the Captain???

They've been extremely disappointing IMO. Not record-wise, they're pretty much where I thought they'd be in that sense, but just in overall play. Liggins and Miller seem completely lost every time they step foot on the court, Meeks doesn't understand the concept of team basketball, and they are absolutely terrible at getting Patterson the number of touches he needs.

They have way too much natural talent to be playing this poorly, and being as careless with the ball as they are. Billy G.'s substitution patterns and refusal to play Galloway are also a complete mystery to me.

 

You're kidding about Meeks, right?

They showed how good they can be vs Tenn. they are inconsistant though.

You're kidding about Meeks, right?

 

He must be kidding or hasn't watched him play the past 3 seasons.

They are doing well IMO. Lets be honest here. You have Meeks and Patterson who are well above average players. Then what? Two freshman in Liggins and Miller who will be good players in time but are not near ready yet. The rest are all role players who cannot be counted on at a consistent basis to put the ball in the hoop. I can't really say they are overachieving because the schedule hasn't been great, but they are winning the games they are supposed to. :thumb:

 

 

:thumb: IMO, If they had Jasper they could very possibly only have one or two losses. One to UNC and possibly a loss to Louisville.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.