Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is UK as good as they should be?

Simple question are the Cats playing at the level they should be? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Simple question are the Cats playing at the level they should be?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Do you feel the Cats are where they should be at this point in the season?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK averages 79.8 a game. Opponents average 64.8 a game. Just thought I would let people know. But anyway, they are not where they should be right now based on their talent level. However, Billy G. turned them around last year at this time so hopefully this group will start their surge Tuesday night in Knoxville.

  • Author

Personally I don't think so. I think many teams have done a lot more with a lot less talent, I also don't buy the lacking a third scorer argument as I feel that shortfall is self inflicted.

  • Author
UK averages 79.8 a game. Opponents average 64.8 a game. Just thought I would let people know. But anyway, they are not where they should be right now based on their talent level. However, Billy G. turned them around last year at this time so hopefully this group will start their surge Tuesday night in Knoxville.

 

I hope your right...:thumb:

"They are who we thought they were"

 

UK is probably where most expected before the season, I know I saw losses to UNC, The U, and UofL, with maybe another coming in the Vegas tournament.....substitute VMI for the proposed Vegas loss and there you go.

 

BCG still plays too many mind games for me, and the roster other than Patterson and Meeks is average at best...I could see the Cats winning the SEC or missing the NCAA tourney all together, you never know with this bunch..

Personally I don't think so. I think many teams have done a lot more with a lot less talent, I also don't buy the lacking a third scorer argument as I feel that shortfall is self inflicted.

 

:thumb:

Tell me who's doing more with less. That's about the tenth time I've heard you say that. We have an average point guard, with a freshman backing him up. Last year we were what 7-7 at this point and we're 12-4, big improvement over last year with two seniors leading the team. We have two studs and the possibility of two more being very good players in Liggins and Miller, with solid role players to fill things out. Shouldn't have lost to VMI or Miami, but other than that I have no problems with where we are.

I'm fairly pleased with the exception of Liggins. I thought he was going to be the outright starter coming into this season. Miller hasnt let me down because I knew all along he couldnt be a contributor at UK. If Harris can keep a steady pace of what he is doing right now then I think UK will be alright. They have to keep getting a good performance out of either Perry or Harrelson each game. Mike P is starting not to hurt us as much if any.

I'm fairly pleased with the exception of Liggins. I thought he was going to be the outright starter coming into this season. Miller hasnt let me down because I knew all along he couldnt be a contributor at UK. If Harris can keep a steady pace of what he is doing right now then I think UK will be alright. They have to keep getting a good performance out of either Perry or Harrelson each game. Mike P is starting not to hurt us as much if any.

Darius is about to bust loose in one of these upcoming games and it will only get better from there.

Darius is too passive to bust loose for another two years. He just never seems to be aggressive enough to be a big time college basketball player. Junior year will be the big one for him.

Is any team ever as good as they should be? I always feel like there's room for improvement. That's JMO, of course.

I think they are about where they should be right now, I just hope they keep getting better until March and hopefully make a run.

They're 12 -4 with basically an entirely different team then they had last year. They shouldn't have beat UNC or UL and the Miami game could go either way. Really, IMO, the only game they lost that they should have won was VMI.

I think their playing at a much better level than this point last year, but think last years team was better, just couldnt stay healthy!

I like where they are, they should have VMI beat and Miami, but Miami is a pretty good club. They had no chance at UofL and honestly had them beat, IMO. I'm happy with them as long as they keep progressing because they will be very dangerous, Sweet 16 if they keep improving from where they are right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.