Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is UK as good as they should be?

Simple question are the Cats playing at the level they should be? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Simple question are the Cats playing at the level they should be?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think they would be better if Billy G. used his bench better...That's just my opinion... :idunno:

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been extremely disappointing IMO. Not record-wise, they're pretty much where I thought they'd be in that sense, but just in overall play. Liggins and Miller seem completely lost every time they step foot on the court, Meeks doesn't understand the concept of team basketball, and they are absolutely terrible at getting Patterson the number of touches he needs.

 

They have way too much natural talent to be playing this poorly, and being as careless with the ball as they are. Billy G.'s substitution patterns and refusal to play Galloway are also a complete mystery to me.

Where's all the talent everyone speaks of? I see Meeks and Patterson as talented. Liggins and Miller has potential, the rest are role players at best, and much are playing above their heads. I'm just not seeing it.

I meant to click yes, because I think BCG's coaching style is different than Tubby's.

They are doing well IMO. Lets be honest here. You have Meeks and Patterson who are well above average players. Then what? Two freshman in Liggins and Miller who will be good players in time but are not near ready yet. The rest are all role players who cannot be counted on at a consistent basis to put the ball in the hoop. I can't really say they are overachieving because the schedule hasn't been great, but they are winning the games they are supposed to. :thumb:

Darius is about to bust loose in one of these upcoming games and it will only get better from there.
He better start from the beggining and just start to be productive. I've yet to see him get any kind of momentum going in a game. He always a step behind in the game
  • Author
Tell me who's doing more with less. That's about the tenth time I've heard you say that.

 

Top 25 teams that I believe to have less talent than UK

8)Syracuse

12) Notre Dame

15)Xavier

17)Butler

18) Minnesota

19)Purdue

Arkansas

Just to name a few…

 

Before you fire back and disagree compare UK’s roster and the ones listed above and tell me that on paper UK doesn’t have more talent.

I'm also tired of the “UK lacks a third scorer crap” that’s nobody’s fault but BCG, if BCG isn’t going to play Slone when it counts then why is he playing him at all and taking valuable minutes from players that are going to be depended on and need to develop. Many freshman are contributing all across the country and have for a long time…

 

 

 

 

Last year we were what 7-7 at this point and we're 12-4, big improvement over last year with two seniors leading the team.

Big improvement in record only. This team has yet to beat anybody worth mentioning, I may be wrong but I have feeling people will soon see this team is not very good right now…

I'm fairly pleased with the exception of Liggins. I thought he was going to be the outright starter coming into this season. Miller hasnt let me down because I knew all along he couldnt be a contributor at UK. If Harris can keep a steady pace of what he is doing right now then I think UK will be alright. They have to keep getting a good performance out of either Perry or Harrelson each game. Mike P is starting not to hurt us as much if any.

 

They kid is a freshmen chill out. :irked:

Top 25 teams that I believe to have less talent than UK

8)Syracuse

12) Notre Dame

15)Xavier

17)Butler

18) Minnesota

19)Purdue

Arkansas

Just to name a few…

 

Before you fire back and disagree compare UK’s roster and the ones listed above and tell me that on paper UK doesn’t have more talent.

I'm also tired of the “UK lacks a third scorer crap” that’s nobody’s fault but BCG, if BCG isn’t going to play Slone when it counts then why is he playing him at all and taking valuable minutes from players that are going to be depended on and need to develop. Many freshman are contributing all across the country and have for a long time…

 

 

 

 

 

Big improvement in record only. This team has yet to beat anybody worth mentioning, I may be wrong but I have feeling people will soon see this team is not very good right now…

 

 

I stopped reading when you said Syracuse has less talent then UK...WAY off base.

  • Author
I stopped reading when you said Syracuse has less talent then UK...WAY off base.

 

Show me on paper how Syracuse has more talent, no doubt Syracuse is playing better but when compared to Meeks, Patterson, Liggens, Galloway, Miller and Harris I think UK has more talent. The problem for UK is only two of those players are living up to the hype...

Show me on paper how Syracuse has more talent, no doubt Syracuse is playing better but when compared to Meeks, Patterson, Liggens, Galloway, Miller and Harris I think UK has more talent. The problem for UK is only two of those players are living up to the hype...

 

You named two solid players and two freshmen. The rest...well. :idunno:

With the rotations used, how can our bench get better? Galloway needs a lot more minutes. Give Slone a chance to shoot against these zones. I'd also like to see Williams get some time.

Top 25 teams that I believe to have less talent than UK

8)Syracuse

12) Notre Dame

15)Xavier

17)Butler

18) Minnesota

19)Purdue

Arkansas

Just to name a few…

 

Before you fire back and disagree compare UK’s roster and the ones listed above and tell me that on paper UK doesn’t have more talent.

I'm also tired of the “UK lacks a third scorer crap” that’s nobody’s fault but BCG, if BCG isn’t going to play Slone when it counts then why is he playing him at all and taking valuable minutes from players that are going to be depended on and need to develop. Many freshman are contributing all across the country and have for a long time…

 

 

 

 

 

Big improvement in record only. This team has yet to beat anybody worth mentioning, I may be wrong but I have feeling people will soon see this team is not very good right now…

 

I think most if not all of these teams you listed were preseason ranked above UK. Aren't those rankings based on the talent you have returning ?

Where's all the talent everyone speaks of? I see Meeks and Patterson as talented. Liggins and Miller has potential, the rest are role players at best, and much are playing above their heads. I'm just not seeing it.

 

That tells me everything I need to know.

Besides the blunder to open up the season, I have been well pleased with the CATS so far!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.