Russell 61 Ashland 60

LRCW

Ashland newspaper account of the game says Delaney scored 23 for Ashland; Bonner chipped in 13 points; and Whetsel added 10. Boyd of Russell was their only double

figure scorer with 22. Ashland was 7 of 18 three point attempts. Russell was 12-25.

Ashland: 16 turnovers, Russell 14. Ashland outrebounded Russell 28-19. Free throws,

Ashland 9-13, Russell, 5-5.

Russell 5 free throws? :eek:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!! Just got Mrs. King off of ebay so I could log on. The lengths that woman will go to just to get a bargain on a pink bustier.:cool:

I must admit, I didn't start listening to this game until halftime. And wow, I'm embarassed for Ashland too. I'm embarassed for their radio announcer, the coach, the fans, heck, I'm even embarassed for the mayor. Shame on you for losing a basketball game to poor old Russell. (Mr. announcer said "this is the most embarassing loss in Ashland history")

That's why they tip 'em up and don't rely on the game to be played on paper. That Boyd kid was unconscious. And I'm tickled for that Kidwell fella, he must be doing something right. Sounded like a concert on the radio, the background noise was so loud. What can I say about the Russell kids, they get to enjoy some success against the winningest program in the country. Of course, I suppose none of them are old enough to have that knowledge. I suppose the old Devils are the Buster Douglas of the region now. Way to go!:fight:

I sure didn't see this one coming - saw Russell in the tourney in Brooksville a couple of weeks ago and they were flat overmatched against Bracken County.

Only in Flatwoods, baby!

I have a question that I can't believe hasn't been addressed? Why didn't Ashland play power ball with Bonner? Russell couldn't have stopped him. He seems like Russell came out quick and made some three's and lured Ashland into a three point shooting contest. I would have got Bonner the ball on every trip, he would have scored 30 and fouled out a few Devils in the process. But that's just a thought.

Great win for the Devils and they earned this win. Learning how to win is important for a young team and this win will help them down the road.