Russell 61 Ashland 60

LRCW

If it had been just one play or one anything, I might have complained but when Russell comes down and hits shot after shot there at the end like that, you have to give them credit. It would have been easy for the Devils to cave in after Ashland kept on regaining the lead there at the finish but they had plenty of chin tonight!

Even if the score would have been reversed, I thought both teams left it all on the floor. Very fun game to watch especially with the back and forth in the last couple of minutes.:thumb:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell played Brossart tough in the Bracken County tournament over the holidays. Showed that they could run with the big dogs on a given night.

Brossart is 12-2 with wins over Highlands, Holy Cross, and a three point loss to Campbell County.

Congratulations!!!!

Looks like the Red Devils will have something to talk about on awards night.

Oh how the mighty have fallen,And hard.So will Buddy Biggs last or will Tomcat Nation run him off like they did Flynn.

Hmm. I never gave that much thought. I suppose that Tomcat Nation should take the coach over to the trophy case and dust off those championship trophies from the 20's so he'd know what's expected from him. Shoot, he's not been there long enough to have a good clue what the history and lineage he has to follow. And although this loss this evening has been deemed by the velvet tongued announcer as the most embarassing moment in Ashland basketball history, I doubt that Coach Biggs will struggle to get things back on track. It is only the first week of the new year, and March is many basketball days ahead.

On the other hand, I recall Flynn spit-shinin' the 1933 championship trophy just a few days before he hit the dusty trail. Fickle folk sometimes.

Only in America, baby!

Congrats to the Devils and good game Brandon Boyd 6 of 7 from 3pt range seems like the Tomcats should have put someone on him after hitting 2 of them. Devils had only one in double figures and was out rebounded both had the same amount of turnovers from what the radio(Dicky) said. Russell just made one more play than Ashland. Ashland better be ready for Rose Hill or it will be another loss for them.

Kind of ironic that with all of the three pointers falling in the game last night, it was

a fall away jumper from the baseline that ends up being the winning shot. A terrific

high school basketball game. The look on the faces of the Russell kids at game's

end was 'priceless'.

Well said. That deuce by Casey Stapleton was a big shot at a big moment. It takes guts and a winner to step up at that moment. I am so happy for him as he has been struggling with confidence. The coach has got inside his head too much so that he is questioning himself. Way to go Casey!

Ashland newspaper account of the game says Delaney scored 23 for Ashland; Bonner chipped in 13 points; and Whetsel added 10. Boyd of Russell was their only double

figure scorer with 22. Ashland was 7 of 18 three point attempts. Russell was 12-25.

Ashland: 16 turnovers, Russell 14. Ashland outrebounded Russell 28-19. Free throws,

Ashland 9-13, Russell, 5-5.