Elliott County vs Anderson County (01/10)

Who wins?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Anderson County
    • Elliott County

I picked Anderson Co. to win, but I think this could go either way with either team winning. Anderson Co has size down low and a great player in Penny. Elliott Co has the shooters to blow the game open. It really depends on which team shows up.

I'm going to take Elliott Co in the 7-12 range. If EC wins by more than 12, I'll be VERY surprised.

So which is it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be an interesting game:

Anderson County is a solid well-coached team with a great player in Penny. I am curious as to whether they will actually be able to control the pace of the game, which in my mind key for Anderson County staying in the game. I believe this can happen only if Elliott starts out cold. If Elliott gets out to a fast start I believe the game will over by the third quarter.

If this game stays slow I see Anderson pulling the upset. Anderson has proved they can slow the game down by handling pressure. And I have to believe J-TOWN and Scott County's pressure defense is better than EC. Not saying their team is better but their pressure d is better. Anderson also has big team that could be a problem for EC. EC has more offensive firepower than Anderson. AC must get big nights from both Penny and Russell. I like AC 63-59

I picked EC, but I agree with your matchup questions. If Anderson can control the tempo, matchup may be in their favor. Very intriguing game indeed!

Elliott wants to push the tempo. Anderson wants to slow it down and keep the score in the 60s. AC will succeed to some degree, but still lose the game 72-62. Second scenario: They don't succeed and EC wins 94-72. But, I'll take the first scenario.