1/8/09 10th Region rankings

1. Mason Co- Only because I have not seen Clark Co. yet.

2. Clark Co.- When everyone is healthy look out!!

3. Campbell Co.- Won the ait, 2nd in mcit.

4. Brossart-Solid "d" would not want to play this team in the region.

5. Montgomery Co.- Still up in the air, say that Paris stayed close.

6. Scott- very well coached team that will make some noise.

7. Harrsion Co.- Breds are playing well, and will only get better for Reitz.

8. Deming- I feel a little better then the teams below, buts thats all.

9. Nicholas Co.- Campbel is a beast and can score pts.

10.St. Patrick-Saints r down but play hard for coach Hinson.

11.Augusta- Maybe should be higher but have not played well

12.Calvary- Watch out for this team in all a.

13.Pedleton Co.

14.Bourban Co.

15.Bracken Co.

16.Paris-

17.Silver Grove- 0-12.

You can put 8-16 and draw them from a hat, that is tough to pick. Would like to see how everyone feels.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Clark Co- IMO: Still the best team in the 10th

2. Mason Co.- Will be tough come tourny time

3. Campbell Co.- Slight edge as favorites for the 37th district

4. Scott- very well coached team, but need to win the close games

5. Brossart-Good Defensive team. Also well coached.

6. Montgomery Co.

7. Harrsion Co.

8. Deming

You will certainly get some debate on your #1 and #2. Had Mason County won those close games against Highlands and Franklin County earlier, there wouldn't be as much debate.

Nicholas County needs to beat someone in the region besides Paris to earn a spot in the top 10.

On a side note, St. Pat has already played Bracken County three times, with 2 more games scheduled (the All-A and another regular-season game) and a possible district matchup. Just curious if anyone can recall teams playing each other 6 times in a season.

Mason or Clark win the region, unless there something like Mason - Clark winding up in the same regional bracket and someone upsets the winner. Other than CCHS having an outside chance there is no one else. Brossart may have the 'D', but look at their schedule. While they have a couple of good wins, when you take out CCHS, Mason and Highlands, their opposition have lost 70% of their games. Also, I have not seen Montgomery play.

I know this is more a prediction for the region than rankings. I think your rankings are are good ones.

1. Clark County

2. Montgomery County

3. Mason County

4. Campbell County

5. Scott

6. Brossart

7. Harrison County

8. Deming

9. St Pat

10. Nicholas Co.

11.Augusta

12.Calvary

13.Paris

14. Pendleton County

15. Bracken County

16. Bourbon Co

17.Silver Grove

1. Clark County

2. Montgomery County

3. Mason County

4. Campbell County

5. Scott

6. Brossart

7. Harrison County

8. Deming

9. St Pat

10. Nicholas Co.

11.Augusta

12.Calvary

13.Paris

14. Pendleton County

15. Bracken County

16. Bourbon Co

17.Silver Grove

No way Montgomery is ahead of Mason Co, or Scott High for that matter, I hope you simply got things messed up. Last time I checked Montgomery was like 6-6. I'd go with, Mason and Clark 1a and 1b, their the two best teams right now and no one in the region has knocked off the defending champs. After that I'd prolly go Scott and Campbell 3 and 4 which could flip flop and Brossart at 5.

No way Montgomery is ahead of Mason Co, or Scott High for that matter, I hope you simply got things messed up. Last time I checked Montgomery was like 6-6. I'd go with, Mason and Clark 1a and 1b, their the two best teams right now and no one in the region has knocked off the defending champs. After that I'd prolly go Scott and Campbell 3 and 4 which could flip flop and Brossart at 5.

Sorry. I stick by my thoughts. Coach G's schedule has been a trial by fire for the sole purpose of being ready for the tourney. Montgomery County has beat Marshall County (ranked 1 in 1st region)and lost by 2 to Christian County (ranked in top 20 in state). By tourney time we will have played Clark (at least twice), Mason, Dupont Manual, Franklin County, Madison Central(2),Anderson County, and Toyota Classic. And I think the 10th will be played at NKU this year , so that will be a neutral court.

By watching both teams play multiple games Im going to have to say Mason County is ahead of Clark County right now. I know that the GRC supporters are adament about this being their year, but honestly they dont have the experience a team like Mason County does. I know Mason lost a lot from last years team, but they still have Middleton who is as good at calling a game for his team as anyone I have seen this year. Also I dont think GRC can compete with the types of teams that Mason County can. An example is the Lexington Catholic game. Granted Mason County may play Catholic and lose by the same margin but I strongly doubt that. All in all I just think that there is way to much hype surrounding GRC. They are a good team but when it comes down to it Mason's experience and coaching will get them past GRC, just my opinion though.

Sorry. I stick by my thoughts. Coach G's schedule has been a trial by fire for the sole purpose of being ready for the tourney. Montgomery County has beat Marshall County (ranked 1 in 1st region)and lost by 2 to Christian County (ranked in top 20 in state). By tourney time we will have played Clark (at least twice), Mason, Dupont Manual, Franklin County, Madison Central(2),Anderson County, and Toyota Classic. And I think the 10th will be played at NKU this year , so that will be a neutral court.

Mason Co hasnt had the easiest schedule and its not getting any easier the next month and a half. Region being played at NKU has nothing to do with rankings, Mason Co proved last year it doesnt matter where they play they can win region. The whole home court advantage conspiracy theory is hogwash IMO, you can say its about money and oppurtunitys but everyone knows the place that brings in the most $ and can hold the most people. Whoever has the better team has won the region and its proven, theres only been one year when Mason won I didnt think they would and I believe that was in 06. After Montgomery plays that tough schedule and were there record stands they might be one of the top 3 teams but not right now, and defintley not ahead of Mason at this point.

By watching both teams play multiple games Im going to have to say Mason County is ahead of Clark County right now. I know that the GRC supporters are adament about this being their year, but honestly they dont have the experience a team like Mason County does. I know Mason lost a lot from last years team, but they still have Middleton who is as good at calling a game for his team as anyone I have seen this year. Also I dont think GRC can compete with the types of teams that Mason County can. An example is the Lexington Catholic game. Granted Mason County may play Catholic and lose by the same margin but I strongly doubt that. All in all I just think that there is way to much hype surrounding GRC. They are a good team but when it comes down to it Mason's experience and coaching will get them past GRC, just my opinion though.

IMO Clark Co's head coach is a alot better than Mason Co's, thats just my opinion though but I agree with a majority of what you said. It should be Clark vs Mason for the region title and should be a dandy.

I don't see how Campbell Co. can still be #3 when they just got blown out by Mason County in the Finals of the MCIT, when Mason County was missing one of their best players who is their best defender. Is the rest of the Region just that bad? I haven't seen teams outside of Campbell, Mason, Harrison, St. Pat, and Scott, but if Campbell is the third best team, the region must be down.

I haven't seen Clark Co. play yet, so I am not sure who the best team is. I would say Clark and Mason are easily the best two teams though.

Maybe Scott should be third since they have played the best against the top two? Really, rankings mean nothing and I know how everybody wants to see the Regional Finals between the Cards and the Royals but I wouldn't be totally shocked if that is not the case...I believe in the end, the 3 through 7 teams could perhaps catch one of the big dogs napping!