1/8/09 10th Region rankings

By watching both teams play multiple games Im going to have to say Mason County is ahead of Clark County right now. I know that the GRC supporters are adament about this being their year, but honestly they dont have the experience a team like Mason County does. I know Mason lost a lot from last years team, but they still have Middleton who is as good at calling a game for his team as anyone I have seen this year. Also I dont think GRC can compete with the types of teams that Mason County can. An example is the Lexington Catholic game. Granted Mason County may play Catholic and lose by the same margin but I strongly doubt that. All in all I just think that there is way to much hype surrounding GRC. They are a good team but when it comes down to it Mason's experience and coaching will get them past GRC, just my opinion though.

I am curious, what games of GRC did you see? Some we have played good in...some not.

We are not adamant, as you stated, that this is our year, Do we feel that we have a team that can win the region this year, yes. But we also know that on any given night a team can be beaten.

One thing that you failed to mention was the injury bug that has plagued GRC all year..... and I have a feeling it isn't done with us yet. :cry:

Maybe Scott should be third since they have played the best against the top two? Really, rankings mean nothing and I know how everybody wants to see the Regional Finals between the Cards and the Royals but I wouldn't be totally shocked if that is not the case...I believe in the end, the 3 through 7 teams could perhaps catch one of the big dogs napping!

I agree, I just have this feeling that we will see Scott in the finals...against who....wish I knew. Guess we will know more after the districts and we see the regional drawings.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Clark County

2. Mason County

3. Scott

4. Montgomery County

5. Campbell County

6. Bishop Brossart

7. Harrison County

8. Deming

Papa you nailed it I believe,3-6 could flip flop a lot. I also believe Clark is by far the top dog this year. But we all know rankings are for fans to debate with and thats it.

By watching both teams play multiple games Im going to have to say Mason County is ahead of Clark County right now. I know that the GRC supporters are adament about this being their year, but honestly they dont have the experience a team like Mason County does. I know Mason lost a lot from last years team, but they still have Middleton who is as good at calling a game for his team as anyone I have seen this year. Also I dont think GRC can compete with the types of teams that Mason County can. An example is the Lexington Catholic game. Granted Mason County may play Catholic and lose by the same margin but I strongly doubt that. All in all I just think that there is way to much hype surrounding GRC. They are a good team but when it comes down to it Mason's experience and coaching will get them past GRC, just my opinion though.

The Catholic game was a tourney final that ended a 7 game in 12 day period and really isn't worth putting stock into. As for Mason County. They have Middleton and who else?? Finally to the experience factor, Grc starts two seniors and Stenzel who is basically a third year sophomore. But I guess we'll see Feb 6th.

The Catholic game was a tourney final that ended a 7 game in 12 day period and really isn't worth putting stock into. As for Mason County. They have Middleton and who else?? Finally to the experience factor, Grc starts two seniors and Stenzel who is basically a third year sophomore. But I guess we'll see Feb 6th.

Who else?? They have Downing, Setty (Treg), Barner, Pawsat, and Hamm. If you don't know them, trust me, you will when they play. Downing was a starter last year and is one of the best defenders in the state. Setty is tall and has loads of promise. Barner is a double-double machine and can guard players of different sizes. Pawsat is a beast and is quickly becoming a valuable scoring weapon, and Hamm is a great game manager, shooter, and defender.

They have MUCH more than just Middleton.

Who else?? They have Downing, Setty (Treg), Barner, Pawsat, and Hamm. If you don't know them, trust me, you will when they play. Downing was a starter last year and is one of the best defenders in the state. Setty is tall and has loads of promise. Barner is a double-double machine and can guard players of different sizes. Pawsat is a beast and is quickly becoming a valuable scoring weapon, and Hamm is a great game manager, shooter, and defender.

Wher has Hamm been? In another thread MCPapa posted the stats of the players and his wasn't listed???

1. Clark Co.

2. Mason Co.

3. Scott

4. Campbell Co.

5. Montgomery Co.

6. Brossart

7. Harrison Co.

8. Calvary

9. Deming

10. Bourbon Co.

11. Augusta

12. St. Pat

13. Bracken Co.

14. Pendleton Co.

15. Paris

16. Nicholas Co.

17. Silver Grove

1. Clark County

2. Mason County

3. Scott

4. Montgomery County

5. Campbell County

6. Bishop Brossart

7. Harrison County

8. Deming

1. Clark Co.

2. Mason Co.

3. Scott

4. Campbell Co.

5. Montgomery Co.

6. Brossart

7. Harrison Co.

8. Calvary

9. Deming

10. Bourbon Co.

11. Augusta

12. St. Pat

13. Bracken Co.

14. Pendleton Co.

15. Paris

16. Nicholas Co.

17. Silver Grove

These two look good at this point in the season. I can see maybe Harrison Co moving up the way they are playing now.

1. Clark County

2. Montgomery County

3. Mason County

4. Campbell County

5. Scott

6. Brossart

7. Harrison County

8. Deming

9. St Pat

10. Nicholas Co.

11.Augusta

12.Calvary

13.Paris

14. Pendleton County

15. Bracken County

16. Bourbon Co

17.Silver Grove

2 words: Bath County

I probably wouldn't forget Jordan Gilbert. He pretty much won the Campbell Co. game hitting 4 threes.

Wher has Hamm been? In another thread MCPapa posted the stats of the players and his wasn't listed???

Hamm is here. Has started a few games; some games MC starts a bigger lineup with Hamm coming off the bench. He just isn't the team leader in any of the statistical categories.