Reds sign Jerry Hairston Jr. to one year deal

LRCW

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks....

I would love to see them get Rocco! I think if healthy he could be a very good asset to this team and isnt he fairly young still? He could be a steal for the right price. I Like hairston and would probably bat him leadoff and drop willy to about 7th or 8th in the lineup

Very pleased about Hairston but Baldelli and that metabolic disorder... I just don't think its curable.

I thought they already cleared that up and said it wasnt as serious as thought to be and he was doing alot better with it? I could be wrong. But still if they sign him, him and Dickerson could switch off and get some swings in as well and develop

I thought they already cleared that up and said it wasnt as serious as thought to be and he was doing alot better with it? I could be wrong. But still if they sign him, him and Dickerson could switch off and get some swings in as well and develop

I play in a keeper baseball league and he had zero value for me last year. Last I heard it was still an issue and he will never be able to play a full season, and playing in the NL would be worse since he would have to field to play.

I play in a keeper baseball league and he had zero value for me last year. Last I heard it was still an issue and he will never be able to play a full season, and playing in the NL would be worse since he would have to field to play.

He had zero value because he didnt play until right before the playoffs I believe!:thumb: But I had just heard somewhere since the playoffs it was alot better than originally thought but you could be right!

Given some of the alternatives, I think having Hairston back for another year is good for the Reds. Will be interesting to see if he can duplicate is offensive output from last year again this year, or if there'll be a period of "returning to earth". Nonetheless, it gives Cincy some alternatives with him and Keppinger.

As for Baldelli...I'd pass. I'd almost rather take a chance on Andrew Jones (at a bargain basement price, of course) than to lock any significant cash up with Baldelli.

He had zero value because he didnt play until right before the playoffs I believe!:thumb: But I had just heard somewhere since the playoffs it was alot better than originally thought but you could be right!

I play in a contract league so ive owned him for 3 years now, but im cutting him this year. Its unfortunate he had a ton of upside. I hope he stays in the AL and can maybe DH.

Hairston signing is good for both he and the club. And I agree with LRCW, I'd lead Hairston off, bat Taveras 8th.

My bigger question is this, why in the world will AG not be ready, what the frig has he been doing while he's been off? How long does it take?

New diagnosis for Baldelli.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28281417/

I'm glad to hear that it is more treatable than thought. I know that the Red Sox are very interested in bringing him in as a 4th outfielder since JD Drew requires so many off days. Especially with him being from Rhode Island. They will probably be even more interested if it is possible that he can play around 100 games effectively.