It's Official: BGP Biggest Loser Initial Weigh-In

MJAlltheWay24

Time won't be an issue, it's the wrist and shoulder situation that might get me. I've been to the gym a few times over the last week and I think I have a plan that might work out for me.

Lower body workouts should be a breeze.

I think I can do most upper body work outs without much pain except for cleans, pull ups and curls.

Most importantly though, I at least have a plan this time to get myself back in the gym on a regular basis :thumb:

I have the same troubles because of my wrist. I very rarely do any of those lifts anymore other than curls and the curls are usually light weight. (EZ bar with 25 lb weights on each side 4x8)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weight Loss

00Rocket28 – 206 lbs

20/20 Hindsight (Monday weigh-ins)

Anvil Head

AverageJoesGym

Baseballguy

BigCountryBoy

Birdsfan (Monthly Weigh-ins)

Bluto

Cameraman

ColonelCrazy

Corndog23

Da Champ

Eta Rho -225 lbs.

GO CATS

Hammertime - 235 lbs.

IM4THEHOUNDS – 154 lbs.

Jitterbug2

KCChiefs

Latch

MBWC41 - 255 lbs.

MJAlltheWay24

Mom55

Mr. Mom55

MrsFairFan

NEERFAN

NHS BIG DADDY

OhYeaYouThink – 164 lbs

PepRock01

Plato

pnthr4life

PutMeInCoach

racer4life – 258 lbs.

Rebel

Rockmom (Monday Weigh-ins)

RondoRules

Run to State - 274 lbs.

ScarHeel – 204 lbs.

Stick1

StickerMann - 288 lbs.

strongopenyon

TheDeuce

Weight Gain

GrizzlyAdams

nkuclubbaseball19

panther15z30 – 166 lbs.

sportsfan41 – 192 lbs.

UKMustangFan – 152 lbs.

I have the same troubles because of my wrist. I very rarely do any of those lifts anymore other than curls and the curls are usually light weight. (EZ bar with 25 lb weights on each side 4x8)

Yeah my wrist is terrible. I've needed surgery on my wrist and shoulder for a while but I keep putting it off for no reason.

Any type of lifting with a pulling motion is pretty unbearable.

Time won't be an issue, it's the wrist and shoulder situation that might get me. I've been to the gym a few times over the last week and I think I have a plan that might work out for me.

Lower body workouts should be a breeze.

I think I can do most upper body work outs without much pain except for cleans, pull ups and curls.

Most importantly though, I at least have a plan this time to get myself back in the gym on a regular basis :thumb:

If you're concerned with a previous injury especially with those lifts then do them first budHonestly if you're doing lower body, just scratch the cleans unless you're trying out for the Bengals; although they coould use the help).

Regardless of what your routine is or what you're comfortable doing.

Alot of injuries are a result of fatigue and not enough conditioning of the muscles, ligaments and tendons around the surrounding muscles you're working out. So do it first so that everything else is strong and you don't risk injury by compensating where the muscle isn't ready yet. This happens alot with wrists, shoulders, and elbows. You pull or twist to get the rep and don't realize you are straining a ligament or tendon more than it can take. Believe me, I've done it.:irked:

Try to weigh yourself at the same time of day that you did at first. It will be more accurate.

I would but I don't think I could do that at 3:28 AM every morning. I'll just have to do it right before I go to bed I guess.

Is it to late to get in?

I am currently at 251.8 down from 295.2 in March.

My next goal is 220 which will be a total of 75 pounds lost.

Nope...not to late, I will add you in.

Weight Loss

00Rocket28 – 206 lbs

20/20 Hindsight (Monday weigh-ins)

Anvil Head

AverageJoesGym - 330 lbs.

Baseballguy

BigCountryBoy

Birdsfan (Monthly Weigh-ins)

Bluto

Cameraman

ColonelCrazy

Corndog23

Da Champ

Eta Rho -225 lbs.

GO CATS

Godot - 252 lbs (Monday weigh-ins)

Hammertime - 235 lbs.

IM4THEHOUNDS – 154 lbs.

Jitterbug2

KCChiefs

Latch

MBWC41 - 255 lbs.

MJAlltheWay24

Mom55

Mr. Mom55

MrsFairFan

NEERFAN

NHS BIG DADDY

OhYeaYouThink – 164 lbs

PepRock01

Plato

pnthr4life

PutMeInCoach

racer4life – 258 lbs.

Rebel

Rockmom (Monday Weigh-ins)

RondoRules

Run to State - 274 lbs.

ScarHeel – 204 lbs.

Stick1

StickerMann - 288 lbs.

strongopenyon

TheDeuce

Weight Gain

GrizzlyAdams

nkuclubbaseball19

panther15z30 – 166 lbs.

sportsfan41 – 192 lbs.

UKMustangFan – 152 lbs.

Edited by MJAlltheWay24

Oh and one other thing, any lift you do where a grip is required, try to do it thumbless(meaning don't wrap your thumbs around the bar), less stress on the forearm which means more on the muscles you're trying to key on. I learned this from some HUGGGGGGGE dude at the gym last year. I'm never afraid to ask question from people that clearly know what they're doing, I get questions all the time, but alot of what I know I learned from someone else teaching me. Turns out he was a former NFL player and weight lifting coach, the guy looked like he could eat me for lunch; then go back for seconds.:lol:

:lol: You did tell her that she is on the weight gain side of our competition didn't you.

:lol:

She's gone on diets with me before. I have no idea why she does it. It doesn't matter what she eats or what she doesn't eat, she'll stay around 100-110 lbs. Just that type of person...