Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andy Kennedy arrested.

Featured Replies

They wouldn't have any issues with a representative of their university assaulting a cab drive and shouting racial slurs at him?

 

The school? Absolutely.

 

The average Mississippian? Ehhh....

  • Replies 121
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd guess that even if this is true that many of the fine folks of Mississippi don't see any issues with it.

 

 

I understand what you're saying, but I'm surprised that you would still consider them fine folks.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm surprised that you would still consider them fine folks.

 

Just like I might call some people "my friend" even though...

I guess that's supposed to be some sort of insult towards people from Mississippi. Interesting.

I guess that's supposed to be some sort of insult towards people from Mississippi. Interesting.

 

Absolutely. Not all but after having been there a few times and dealing with the supposed "leaders" of different communities I've certainly formed an opinion.

The school? Absolutely.

 

The average Mississippian? Ehhh....

 

So its not OK to insult the cab driver, but we've got no problem insulting the entire state of Mississippi?

So its not OK to insult the cab driver, but we've got no problem insulting the entire state of Mississippi?

 

Kind of what I was thinking but I guess everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Kind of what I was thinking but I guess everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

 

Gentlemen, I never once mentioned anything about the cab driver.

 

My point is that in the court of public opinion in the Magnolia state this is nothing.

  • Author
So its not OK to insult the cab driver, but we've got no problem insulting the entire state of Mississippi?

 

He never said the state of Mississippi, he said a few folks from there. He did not say the University either. You and Wireman are blowing what Clyde said way out of proportion.

 

Its called a stereotype. Living in KY you should know what that means. There are some Kentucky people you could say the same thing Clyde is saying about Mississippians, doesn't mean you or I fit into that category.

Gentlemen, I never once mentioned anything about the cab driver.

 

My point is that in the court of public opinion in the Magnolia state this is nothing.

 

Because you've talked to a lot of people in Mississippi about it?

He never said the state of Mississippi, he said a few folks from there.

 

I'd guess that even if this is true that many of the fine folks of Mississippi don't see any issues with it.

 

My point is that in the court of public opinion in the Magnolia state this is nothing.

 

not "a few folks"

Because you've talked to a lot of people in Mississippi about it?

 

No. However, I've dealt with enough of them to have an idea of how they think collectively about minorities. I would hope its obvious that I'm supposing here.

 

Do you have anything to dispel my belief or are you just upset that I disparaged them?

  • Author
not "a few folks"

 

Your just trying to be difficult, end of story. Way to take this thread way off topic. Im out.

The Bearcats will do anything to win that game tonight :lol:

 

Except UC plays Mississippi State...

Your just trying to be difficult, end of story. Way to take this thread way off topic. Im out.

 

Not quite. I believe post #11 took this thread off topic.

 

I just like to think how different everyone's reactions would have been if we replaced "fine folks of Mississippi" with "black folks" or "mexicans" or "gay people."

 

As for Andy, I hope the story is not true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.