Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Attendance at games?

Featured Replies

How would you rate attendance at basketball games this year. It seems to be down to me.

So far at Owsley our attendance at both the boys and girls is down from last year.

I've only noticed INCREASES in attendance at the Elliott County games!! :thumb: :thumb:

I've only noticed INCREASES in attendance at the Elliott County games!! :thumb: :thumb:

 

I heard that if you don't get there early, you won't get in!

The overall economy is a mess and I am sure it is trickling down. I dont know what ticket prices are in your area but they can add up if you go with the wife and kids.

Attendance is up big time at GRC too. Look for big crowds for the next 3 years with all the Sophomores that GRC has.

  • Author
Attendance is up big time at GRC too. Look for big crowds for the next 3 years with all the Sophomores that GRC has.

 

It was a good crowd for the Montgomery County game, but I felt the student section was down. I thought last year the whole end zone was full for this game. We have only had one home game at the Arena and I felt it was a very small crowd.

It was a good crowd for the Montgomery County game, but I felt the student section was down. I thought last year the whole end zone was full for this game. We have only had one home game at the Arena and I felt it was a very small crowd.

 

GRC's student section was very strong. I was disappointed in Montgomery's student section...Usually it filled two sections behind the bench....this year it didn't even fill one....:confused: I kept telling my friends from out of town...they are waiting to make a grand entrance....it never happened.

It's pretty simple. You run a great program, you get great attendance. You run a poor program, you drive your students away, they stay home and your attendance is basically parents of the team members.

Nothings really means anything until tournament time,whether it be college or high school ball. A good or bad season can mean nothing until tournaments have been played. Unless a fierce rivalry or a particular player you want to see(Hood,etc,), no reason to just go to any game.

It's pretty simple. You run a great program, you get great attendance. You run a poor program, you drive your students away, they stay home and your attendance is basically parents of the team members.

 

I disagree. Here is example of two well run programs. GRC has a great program but attendance was down last year....gratuated Preston Knowles and Co, we were in a rebuilding year. This year attendance is way up with the super Sophomore class that we have this year.

 

Montgomery Co has a great run program...attandance is down this year...rebuilding year. I think this has more to do with attendance.

Nothings really means anything until tournament time,whether it be college or high school ball. A good or bad season can mean nothing until tournaments have been played. Unless a fierce rivalry or a particular player you want to see(Hood,etc,), no reason to just go to any game.

 

I go to every game that I can. I like to support the local guys and girls no matter who the opponent is. It can't hurt.:thumb:

Attendance is up big time at GRC too. Look for big crowds for the next 3 years with all the Sophomores that GRC has.

 

I watched KYT last Tuesday night, and it looked like GRC had a very nice crowd for a Tuesday. What is the capacity of their gym?

I watched KYT last Tuesday night, and it looked like GRC had a very nice crowd for a Tuesday. What is the capacity of their gym?

We have had great crowds at all the home games this year. I am not sure what the gym holds, as we had to take the upper level of the visitors side several years ago to use for classrooms. 3,000 + maybe????

Elliott has an overflow area that has audio from the radio and live video. Nice seats too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.