Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Winter Meeting Updates

Featured Replies

^ I like that deal

  • Replies 154
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOOHOOO FREEL IS GONE!!! He can spend the rest of his career off and on the DL with someone else.

 

:dancingpa

WOOHOOO FREEL IS GONE!!! He can spend the rest of his career off and on the DL with someone else.

 

:dancingpa

 

Even more than that, if this deal happens, they will get a decent C.

They both pretty much had unreal years this year. Why are the Cardinals looking to trade an outfielder?

 

I don't really know I would keep both, but their top prospect Colby Rasmus (OF) has been waiting in the minors for awhile. They also have Shumaker, Duncan, Barton and Mather. If they can get someone good for one of them then I would do it, but if they are just getting rid of one of them to make room then that would be dumb IMO.

 

SC just said they have reports the Cubs are not close to a deal with Peavey.

Even more than that, if this deal happens, they will get a decent C.

 

Hernandez 2008:

 

.257 avg

15 HR

65 RBI

133 games

Caught Stealing % .195

 

His CS% is worse the Cincinnati catchers so is would make me wonder if we didn't already have a cathcer on the team that could put up the offensive numbers

Hernandez 2008:

 

.257 avg

15 HR

65 RBI

133 games

Caught Stealing % .195

 

His CS% is worse the Cincinnati catchers so is would make me wonder if we didn't already have a cathcer on the team that could put up the offensive numbers

 

Tough to look at a CS% and determine how well a catcher throws out runners.

Have the Reds had a decent catcher since Bench? Who cares about what the catcher does or doesn't do. FREEL IS GONE! :lol:

I just want the Peavy done or not done, I'm tired of hearing it "close" or "getting closer" :lol:

 

Get rid of Marquis and have Peavy, I would be a happy camper. :thumb:

I really want Jake Peavy to be a Cub next season and no matter what combination of players you have to give up to get him (Vitters , Pie , DeRosa , Marshall , Cedeno ,Guzman,Marquis and Hart) you have to get this deal done.

 

Jake Peavy Is a top 5 pitcher In all of baseball.

I really want Jake Peavy to be a Cub next season and no matter what combination of players you have to give up (Vitters , Pie , DeRosa , Marshall , Cedeno ,Guzman,Marquis and Hart) you have to get this deal done.

 

Jake Peavy Is a top 5 pitcher In all of baseball.

 

I want Peavy for three reasons:

 

1. Marquis would be gone

2. Marquis would be gone

3. They wouldn't need to get Randy Johnson

 

:thumb:

I want Peavy for three reasons:

 

1. Marquis would be gone

2. Marquis would be gone

3. They wouldn't need to get Randy Johnson

 

:thumb:

 

:lol:

 

 

If they make this happen, they will BY FAR have the sickest rotation in all of baseball!

I don't know that Ramon Hernandez will even start over Hanigan. But, he's an experienced catcher who has a little bit of pop in his bat. He's probably an upgrade over David Ross.

 

With that said, the key to that trade was getting rid of Ryan Freel & that ridiculous salary.

 

I will miss watching the little guy play 20 games next year, though. He plays hard.

I don't know that Ramon Hernandez will even start over Hanigan. But, he's an experienced catcher who has a little bit of pop in his bat. He's probably an upgrade over David Ross.

 

.

 

So we're bringing in an $8.4M catcher to backup Hanigan?

:lol:

 

 

If they make this happen, they will BY FAR have the sickest rotation in all of baseball!

 

 

Not if they trade Zambrano.

 

A crazy rumor making the rounds at the Bellagio in Las Vegas is that the Cubs would entertain the idea of possibly trading right-hander Carlos Zambrano in a blockbuster if, as expected, they acquire Padres ace Jake Peavy.

 

 

 

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=1121

Not if they trade Zambrano.

 

A crazy rumor making the rounds at the Bellagio in Las Vegas is that the Cubs would entertain the idea of possibly trading right-hander Carlos Zambrano in a blockbuster if, as expected, they acquire Padres ace Jake Peavy.

 

 

 

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=1121

ridiculous:irked:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.