Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Winter Meeting Updates

Featured Replies

--Buster Olney says to take it for what it's worth, but his source says the meeting between Sabathia and the Yankees went "great."

 

 

 

--According to David Lennon of Newsday, the Omar Minaya and other Mets officials dined at a steakhouse with Francisco Rodriguez for over four hours Sunday night. Lennon believes the early presence of Mets COO Jeff Wilpon implies that negotiations with K-Rod may have reached a critical stage.

 

 

--The Cardinals are a serious bidder for A.J. Burnett. They also pursued him back in 2005. However, Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch recently wrote that the Cards "are not expected to pursue the free agent pool's bigger fish: C.C. Sabathia, Ben Sheets, A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe."

 

 

--Wittenmyer says Jeremy Hermida is high on the Cubs' list (they're not alone). They're also eyeing free agent Milton Bradley, who declined the Rangers' offer of arbitration last night. Manager Lou Piniella likes Raul Ibanez, and Wittenmyer likes Bobby Abreu. The Cubs are still fond of Brian Roberts. They also might consider acquiring a shortstop, which would create a surplus at second base.

  • Replies 154
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny quote from Scott Boras:

 

"There can be a lot of late-night meetings where you're in a room and people are falling asleep. And you'll have some late-night GMs who want you to drink. I'll allow them to do it, but I won't do it. I do have some interesting things written on napkins over the years."

  • Author

According to Dodgers GM Sabathia has said he would love to play for the Dodgers.

 

JJ Hardy's name is being connected to the Braves which means that Yunel Escobar may be dealt. Braves are also eyeing Raul Ibanez, Rick Ankiel.

 

Manny will meet with the Dodgers tomorrow.

 

Cubs and Padres have made progress towards a trade and it is expected to be a 3 or 4 team deal.

When you're being courted by a team, you're going to sing their praises, if they can provide the $$$$$.

 

I do like the meetings and all the hoopla, surrounding them.

  • Author
When you're being courted by a team, you're going to sing their praises, if they can provide the $$$$$.

 

I do like the meetings and all the hoopla, surrounding them.

 

I enjoy the meetings also...It's a fun week for baseball.

  • Author

--Braves and Royals seem to be discussing a trade that would send Grienke to the Braves and Francouer to the Royals, a move is contingent on what happens with Burnett.

 

 

 

--Reds have expressed interest in Jeff Francouer.

 

 

 

--Mets are extremely close to signing K-Rod.

--Braves and Royals seem to be discussing a trade that would send Grienke to the Braves and Francouer to the Royals, a move is contingent on what happens with Burnett.

 

 

 

--Reds have expressed interest in Jeff Francouer.

 

 

 

--Mets are extremely close to signing K-Rod.

 

Wouldn't mind seeing a Franouer deal happen

I just want the Peavy done or not done, I'm tired of hearing it "close" or "getting closer" :lol:

 

Get rid of Marquis and have Peavy, I would be a happy camper. :thumb:

  • Author
I just want the Peavy done or not done, I'm tired of hearing it "close" or "getting closer" :lol:

 

Get rid of Marquis and have Peavy, I would be a happy camper. :thumb:

 

Yeah, I hate when things drag on....Look at the Sabathia situation, he said he won't make a decision this week either.

Yeah, I hate when things drag on....Look at the Sabathia situation, he said he won't make a decision this week either.

 

I don't really care about him because he isn't interested in a Chicago team, he can take all the time he wants. :lol:

Cardinals said they have three pitchers (Wainwright, Carpenter, Loshe) signed long term, so most likely will not sign a starter to a long term deal. That eliminates Burnett. Probably someone like Pettitte or Penny.

 

It also seems like before this is over they will deal Ludwick or Ankiel and most likely which ever one it is will have a unreal year in 09.

Cardinals said they have three pitchers (Wainwright, Carpenter, Loshe) signed long term, so most likely will not sign a starter to a long term deal. That eliminates Burnett. Probably someone like Pettitte or Penny.

 

It also seems like before this is over they will deal Ludwick or Ankiel and most likely which ever one it is will have a unreal year in 09.

 

 

They both pretty much had unreal years this year. Why are the Cardinals looking to trade an outfielder?

I just heard that The Reds traded Freel to Baltimore for catcher Ramon Hernandez.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.