December 5, 200817 yr I agree, Michael Porter's 20 turnovers a game could really come in handy. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
December 5, 200817 yr I agree, Michael Porter's 20 turnovers a game could really come in handy. Its tough on a guy like Porter, he isn't the ideal BCG recruit, but he has game experience and BCG has went with that early. I am not a big Porter guy either, I just don't like how a lot of players over the past 4-6 years have been brought into a system where its an uphill battle for them there whole career.
December 5, 200817 yr I think anybody that is glad to see either Harris or Porter injured and possibly out of a game or two has issues (and not necessarily basketball-related issues). I ran into a guy today that said "hopefully Porter is out for the rest of the season..." I just think that kind of thought process is a poor effort (but that's JMO, of course). :thumb: No one has problem with Harris...It's only porter they enjoy being injured...:irked: Like I said in a earlier post...The ones who do not like Porter must not be a fans of Billy Clyde...:thumb:
December 5, 200817 yr No one has problem with Harris...It's only porter they enjoy being injured...:irked: Like I said in a earlier post...The ones who do not like Porter must not be a fans of Billy Clyde...:thumb: If only "they" understood that Porter has been forced out of his comfort zone and is making mistakes that are out of his control.
December 5, 200817 yr If only "they" understood that Porter has been forced out of his comfort zone and is making mistakes that are out of his control. Exactly...He is not a point guard...If he was that bad of a ball player He would not be getting playing time/Starting...I think He is one tough kid and I feel that's why Billy G. believes in this guy...:thumb:
December 5, 200817 yr Went to the game last night. A few observations.... 1.) Galloway still dribbles too much 2.) Fans, those around me anyway, don't like the short leash BCG gives certain players. 3.) Porter and Harris knocking heads sounded like thumping a watermelon. Could hear it in the bottom level. It was the first time I have ever seen a stretcher used at a basketball game. 4.) UK passed the ball as well as I have seen them pass. Good passes. 5.) Liggins makes the 3/4 court pass as well as anyone UK has had in a while. He rewards the big men for running the floor. 6.) The E-Rupption zone was sponsored by Nyquil last night. Very subdued before the game and a lot of standing around in the second half. 7.) The crowd in the second half was so quiet, I swear I heard an Amen yelled at one point. I know it was Lamar, but still very quiet 8.) Patterson runs the floor really well. 9.) It's a shame Harris was hurt because he appeared on track to have his best game of the season.
December 5, 200817 yr The Cats would have gotten a better test by playing Georgetown College...seriously.
December 5, 200817 yr Its tough on a guy like Porter, he isn't the ideal BCG recruit, but he has game experience and BCG has went with that early. I am not a big Porter guy either, I just don't like how a lot of players over the past 4-6 years have been brought into a system where its an uphill battle for them there whole career. Give me talent over game experience any day of the week.
December 5, 200817 yr Exactly...He is not a point guard...If he was that bad of a ball player He would not be getting playing time/Starting...I think He is one tough kid and I feel that's why Billy G. believes in this guy...:thumb: He certainly doesn't shoot the rock that good. And we'll see how much Billy G believes in the guy when Liggins gets a little more polished. :thumb:
December 5, 200817 yr I don't know if it was mentioned but hats off to Landon Slone aka the Enforcer. Nice to see him ready to "go" when PP went down hard. I'm sure BCG had a little bit of "that's what I'm talking about" after Landon got his T for defending a teammate.
December 5, 200817 yr Some notes I observed at the game: 1. Liggins played awesome, since there was no pressure on him because Porter was in the lockeroom getting stitched up. 2. The dunks tonight was just plain SICK! 3. I have never seen a college basketball game where two players lie motionless for that long and carted off, then his mother came out on the court. Nothing wrong with it, I just have personally never seen it. 4. WOW, 3 technicals in one game, haven't seen that either. What is a class B technical, someone sitting beside me made the joke that it meant we only got to shoot 1foul shot. Seriously, what is a class B technical, because out of no where the ref T'ed the Lamar bench. 5. Lamar was just awful in the first half, probably the worst first half team I had ever seen. 6. Lamar was 5-0 before this game, WOW. I was stunned when they announced that after the game during the radio show. 7. Crowd was awful, this the second game I've been to this year and both times, the crowd was awful, you could literally hear a pin drop, I'm not kidding. 8. Kyle Macy is still a legend after the games, he gets more looks than the cheerleaders. 9. The Dance Team's performance at halftime was the worst I had ever seen, the music was awful and screaching and the, well it was just BAD, real bad. Everyone I was around was saying the same thing, plus they need new outfits. 10. Billy G, is really hard on some those guys, one mistake and he gets a sub for them, I'd imagine that is rough knowing you are coming out immediatley if you mess up. 11. I wish Billy G would do more coaching than the other guy on the bench, that really irks me, I feel like he is our HC sometimes because he doing all the standing and yelling from the court. 12. UK listened to the fans from last year and still turns off the lights in the endzone in which they are shooting from. If you remember from two years ago a fan called in and asked Tubby why they didn't dim the light on the offensive side because it would make the goal more focused, well they listened and the lights are now dimmed. LOL 13. I was so sick of watching our bench players that never get in the game just pass it around for the last 5 minutes like they had never seen a basketball goal before, I think they were afraid of scoring, it was pitiful. 14. Go Cats, just because I didn't want it to end on 13.
December 5, 200817 yr He certainly doesn't shoot the rock that good. And we'll see how much Billy G believes in the guy when Liggins gets a little more polished. :thumb: How do you know He can't shoot that good?His season totals so far...He is 7 for 19 in FGs...He is 4 for 11 on 3 pointers...Kind of hard to say he can't shoot when he doesn't shoot...:thumb:
December 5, 200817 yr Exactly...He is not a point guard...If he was that bad of a ball player He would not be getting playing time/Starting...I think He is one tough kid and I feel that's why Billy G. believes in this guy...:thumb: Maybe there is no one else? You say he is not a PG, I say he is not a SG. So does that mean he is nothing? He is just not very good. Period.
December 6, 200817 yr Maybe there is no one else? You say he is not a PG, I say he is not a SG. So does that mean he is nothing? He is just not very good. Period. He's good enough to play for UK...
December 6, 200817 yr Maybe there is no one else? You say he is not a PG, I say he is not a SG. So does that mean he is nothing? He is just not very good. Period. Porter can contribute if he's used as a shooter. He can defend in spurts and he is capable of helping to break a press. He is not a primary ball handler.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.