Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plaxico Burress charged with felony gun possession

Featured Replies

Not positive, but don't think that is accurate. Conviction for simply possessing an illegal handgun in NYC is a mandatory 3 1/2 year sentence.

 

I have been doing a little research and it appears we are both right.

 

Burress faces one count under Section 265.03(1)(b) and another count under Section 265.03(3).

 

Section 265.03(1)(b) makes it illegal for a person to possess a loaded firearm “with intent to use the same unlawfully against another.” Section 265.03(3) removes the “intent” requirement, and generally prohibits possession of a loaded firearm outside of a person’s home or place of business.

 

Either charge constitutes a Class C felony, punishable by a minimum jail term of 3.5 years.

 

LINK

  • Replies 111
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an example of why I say you're defending him. There was no reason for him to be going somewhere that he felt it necessary to carry a concealed weapon.

 

Would you please stop trying to make it look like I am defending him? I have stated time and time again that I do not think Burress made a good decision. He should not have went out with a gun unless he had a concealed carry license. How much more clear can I make that?

 

I am saying, I can understand why Burress would want a gun. It is his right as an American citizen to own a gun (if he does it legally) and conceal it, and carry it for his own protection. I can understand why he would want to do that. I have stated time and time again (you must refuse to read this part) that I do NOT understand why he would carry a weapon without the proper license to do so. I think that he made a very stupid mistake.

I have been doing a little research and it appears we are both right.

 

Burress faces one count under Section 265.03(1)(b) and another count under Section 265.03(3).

 

Section 265.03(1)(b) makes it illegal for a person to possess a loaded firearm “with intent to use the same unlawfully against another.” Section 265.03(3) removes the “intent” requirement, and generally prohibits possession of a loaded firearm outside of a person’s home or place of business.

 

Either charge constitutes a Class C felony, punishable by a minimum jail term of 3.5 years.

 

LINK

 

Yet another article that misinforms people that guns will discharge when they are dropped on the floor. Ugh . . . .

This is an example of why I say you're defending him. There was no reason for him to be going somewhere that he felt it necessary to carry a concealed weapon.

 

Thats it right there. A thug is a guy who not only does the wrong thing over and over. But he makes it worse by progressively getting worse all throughout. I mean if he thinks he needs a gun to go to a club, don't go to the club. I for one am glad he shot him self(not life threatening mind you) because he obvouisly needed a big time wake-up call if he is clubbing with a gun with no permit in NY. And don't you think, just an idea, if for some reason there was a logical reason to carry it, you would secure it enough and have the safety on so you didn't shot your self? Pure stupidity. :creepy:

Thats it right there. A thug is a guy who not only does the wrong thing over and over. But he makes it worse by progressively getting worse all throughout. I mean if he thinks he needs a gun to go to a club, don't go to the club. I for one am glad he shot him self(not life threatening mind you) because he obvouisly needed a big time wake-up call if he is clubbing with a gun with no permit in NY. And don't you think, just an idea, if for some reason there was a logical reason to carry it, you would secure it enough and have the safety on so you didn't shot your self? Pure stupidity. :creepy:

 

Good post, but just so you know - he was apparently carrying a Glock semi. Glocks do not have an external safety which you can engage. There are several passive safeties (that almost all handguns have) and one trigger safety. Trust me, when the gun went off, he had his finger on the trigger.

 

And just wondering, why does a guy that is married with a small child still go "clubbing?" I'm thinking my wife wouldn't be real receptive to the idea. :D

I am bewildered by 2 things here.

 

1. How does he accidentally shoot himself? Seriously. How? I smell foul play to some degree or another. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, or for that matter that it didn't happen, but I'm not buying the "accident" part.

 

2. Why does HB20 feel the need to declare that he's not defending Plaxico Burress? If it's not defending him, what is it? And I'm not saying that it's wrong. But for once, can we call it what it is?

Good post, but just so you know - he was apparently carrying a Glock semi. Glocks do not have an external safety which you can engage. There are several passive safeties (that almost all handguns have) and one trigger safety. Trust me, when the gun went off, he had his finger on the trigger.

 

And just wondering, why does a guy that is married with a small child still go "clubbing?" I'm thinking my wife wouldn't be real receptive to the idea. :D

 

Didn't know that thanks. :thumb: But yea:lol: With a gun none the less. :confused:

I am bewildered by 2 things here.

 

1. How does he accidentally shoot himself? Seriously. How? I smell foul play to some degree or another. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, or for that matter that it didn't happen, but I'm not buying the "accident" part.

 

2. Why does HB20 feel the need to declare that he's not defending Plaxico Burress? If it's not defending him, what is it? And I'm not saying that it's wrong. But for once, can we call it what it is?

 

It's been said 1001201203 times already the gun he was carrying does not have a safety. Easy for a trigger to go off depending on how he was carrying it.

It's been said 1001201203 times already the gun he was carrying does not have a safety. Easy for a trigger to go off depending on how he was carrying it.

I own a Glock, absolutely not true. Not easy. Do you own one? Have you fired one? I bet Cooperstown has, perhaps woodsrider has. Let's not make it sound like it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. Come on!

I own a Glock, absolutely not true. Not easy. Do you own one? Have you fired one? I bet Cooperstown has, perhaps woodsrider has. Let's not make it sound like it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. Come on!

 

:lol:

It's been said 1001201203 times already the gun he was carrying does not have a safety. Easy for a trigger to go off depending on how he was carrying it.

 

Who carries a gun without a safety in their pocket ? That's brilliant. I understand I'm not in his position but after I put on my nice button up and decided I was heading to the club, I think I would have had the sense to grab a gun with a safety device.

 

Here's an outstanding idea Plax. Who not hire some security when you go out ? These idiots we call professional athletes never cease to amaze me.

 

The only thing Plax could do to top this would be to cut his hand while trying to stab someone with the handle of a knife.

I own a Glock, absolutely not true. Not easy. Do you own one? Have you fired one? I bet Cooperstown has, perhaps woodsrider has. Let's not make it sound like it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. Come on!

 

The only way a glock goes off is by pulling the trigger. They have a trigger lock that prevents accidental firing (from dropping the guns or anything along those lines). If he was shot with a glock, then the trigger was pulled.

Who carries a gun without a safety in their pocket ? That's brilliant. I understand I'm not in his position but after I put on my nice button up and decided I was heading to the club, I think I would have had the sense to grab a gun with a safety device.

 

Here's an outstanding idea Plax. Who not hire some security when you go out ? These idiots we call professional athletes never cease to amaze me.

 

The only thing Plax could do to top this would be to cut his hand while trying to stab someone with the handle of a knife.

 

Apparently Plaxico does..:lol:

I own a Glock, absolutely not true. Not easy. Do you own one? Have you fired one? I bet Cooperstown has, perhaps woodsrider has. Let's not make it sound like it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. Come on!

 

Touche! :thumb:

The only way a glock goes off is by pulling the trigger. They have a trigger lock that prevents accidental firing (from dropping the guns or anything along those lines). If he was shot with a glock, then the trigger was pulled.

 

Then I guess we're not getting the whole story...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.