Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plaxico Burress charged with felony gun possession

Featured Replies

Pathetic is all I can say....You can guarantee that any other person would be in jail as we speak if they would have fired a gun in a night club without a permit in NYC....Pitiful.

 

While I will agree that Plax's money and fame might help him in some ways, it also hurts him in others. Other lesser known people wouldn't have the mayor of New York pushing for their prosecution in the media either.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can read into it whatever you want. Bottom line is that the more money and clout you have the less likely you are to do time. Plax doesn't compare to those two.

 

And I'm saying it doesn't matter if he compares to those two. He has a lot of money, and the same lawyer, what else does he need?

 

He could still be found guilty, and have to do time in jail, but he has the same advantages as those two. Money, and a very good lawyer.

What is your definition of "thug"? Because I'd say a lot of people have carried a concealed weapon in their lifetime without having a permit for it.

 

And those people are thugs....I know you always do everything you can to defend a member from your beloved GMen, but the dude is a thug. If you can't see that it's because of your blind love affair with everything New York.

How do resources or popularity matter? Plax has millions of dollars, do you think that won't be enough to pay for his attorney? Or are you insinuating that Jackson and Diddy paid some judges off?

 

Seriously?! Did you miss the whole O.J. trial thing and countless other arrests/trials of celebrity-types that routinely face a different criminal justice system than most "common" citizens?

Ouch - MINIMUM of 3 1/2 years if convicted

 

To get a conviction for that law they have to be able to prove that he had the intent of using the weapon on someone illegally.

Seriously?! Did you miss the whole O.J. trial thing and countless other arrests/trials of celebrity-types that routinely face a different criminal justice system than most "common" citizens?

 

I get how they matter, I worded that wrong. But how much does it matter that P.Diddy and Michael Jackson had "more" resources. Once it gets to a certain point, does it really matter how much more money you have? Plax is very very rich...if he was very very very rich would that make him more likely to get out of trouble?

And those people are thugs....I know you always do everything you can to defend a member from your beloved GMen, but the dude is a thug. If you can't see that it's because of your blind love affair with everything New York.

 

I'm not defending Plaxico, so quit trying to make it look like I am. Because I choose not to call him names, you think I'm trying to defend him? :lol:

To get a conviction for that law they have to be able to prove that he had the intent of using the weapon on someone illegally.

 

:bunny:

Plax is an idiot. Why was he even carrying a gun in the first place? He deserves anything that is handed out to him, but honestly I don't see him facing jailtime.

 

I can understand why he would want to carry a gun. I can not understand why he would carry a concealed weapon without the right permits.

 

Apparently another Giants receiver was robbed a week or so ago at gun point. Maybe that had something to do with why he was packing heat. I do not know. He did not make a wise decision to carry it without the permit though...

:bunny:

 

I'm not sure what that means :lol:.

To get a conviction for that law they have to be able to prove that he had the intent of using the weapon on someone illegally.

 

Not positive, but don't think that is accurate. Conviction for simply possessing an illegal handgun in NYC is a mandatory 3 1/2 year sentence.

I get how they matter, I worded that wrong. But how much does it matter that P.Diddy and Michael Jackson had "more" resources. Once it gets to a certain point, does it really matter how much more money you have? Plax is very very rich...if he was very very very rich would that make him more likely to get out of trouble?

 

Hate to do it, but I will agree with you on this point. Plexithug is famous and rich enough to be included in the "special treatment" category.

I can understand why he would want to carry a gun. I can not understand why he would carry a concealed weapon without the right permits.

 

Apparently another Giants receiver was robbed a week or so ago at gun point. Maybe that had something to do with why he was packing heat. I do not know. He did not make a wise decision to carry it without the permit though...

 

This is an example of why I say you're defending him. There was no reason for him to be going somewhere that he felt it necessary to carry a concealed weapon.

Not positive, but don't think that is accurate. Conviction for simply possessing an illegal handgun in NYC is a mandatory 3 1/2 year sentence.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I can understand why he would want to carry a gun. I can not understand why he would carry a concealed weapon without the right permits.

 

Apparently another Giants receiver was robbed a week or so ago at gun point. Maybe that had something to do with why he was packing heat. I do not know. He did not make a wise decision to carry it without the permit though...

 

Yeah, I read were Steve Smith got robbed at gun point.

 

 

A poster on another board said this...

"I want 1/2 the money Plax will pay his lawyer!!!!!

 

He is going to plea out before it hits the grand jury, and he will say that he was in the wrong, but given what happened to Smith, he did it because he feared for his safety and that he did not have time to get a permit.

 

Done and done."

 

IMO, that's stupid. Could he have not waited to go out & party with his glock until AFTER he received the permit???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.