Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plaxico Burress charged with felony gun possession

Featured Replies

The only way a glock goes off is by pulling the trigger. They have a trigger lock that prevents accidental firing (from dropping the guns or anything along those lines). If he was shot with a glock, then the trigger was pulled.

So, what you're saying is that it simply didn't "go off"? Color me confused!:confused:

 

Of course I'm joking.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then I guess we're not getting the whole story...

 

They also don't have a safety, but they do have a little thing beside the trigger that must be pulled in order to fire them:

trigger-small.jpg

So, what you're saying is that it simply didn't "go off"? Color me confused!:confused:

 

Of course I'm joking.

 

Glocks have been dropped from hundreds of feet and they didn't go off when they made impact :thumb:

Perhaps he had it in his pocket, had chili earlier, beer and wings later, passed gas and the darn thing went off.

 

That'd be my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Perhaps he had it in his pocket, had chili earlier, beer and wings later, passed gas and the darn thing went off.

 

That'd be my story and I'm stickin' to it.

 

I think Plaxico's story has more holes in it than his legs do :thumb:

Then I guess we're not getting the whole story...

 

Probably only Plexithug knows the full story. But here's a reasonable guess: He carries an unpermited weapon that has no external safety (that's okay, lots of semis don't, including the ones I carry) and for which he probably has no training and little or no experience shooting (part of the reason most states require some type of gun safety class). Glocks also have a trigger pull that is less than a typical handgun weapon in double action mode (part of the attraction to many Glock owners/shooters). Apparently Plexithug stuck it in his waistband and it started to slip down his pants, so he reached down and grabbed it and stuck his finger inside the trigger guard and on the trigger. As he was pulling it back up (with his finger still on the trigger - a BIG safety no-no), it probably got stuck against his thigh/in his trousers but his hand kept pulling up and - voila - he pulls the trigger and shoots himself.

 

Guns don't fire by themselves and don't fire when you drop them (sure it CAN happen, but it's rare and the gun would actually be malfunctioning if it did), even if you dropped them on the hammer, which can't be done with the Glock anyways because the hammer is concealed.

 

Bottomline is that you had a drunk, moronic idiot with a loaded handgun that had no business carrying one - even if he was licensed, as he likely did not have sufficient training and most (reasonable) people consider it a bad idea to mix alcohol/drugs and weapons. "Reasonable" being the operative word . .

The Longest Yard III - coming soon to a theatre near you.

 

With the Vick to Burress deep threat, my money is definitely on the inmates this time.:thumb:

I am bewildered by 2 things here.

 

1. How does he accidentally shoot himself? Seriously. How? I smell foul play to some degree or another. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, or for that matter that it didn't happen, but I'm not buying the "accident" part.

 

2. Why does HB20 feel the need to declare that he's not defending Plaxico Burress? If it's not defending him, what is it? And I'm not saying that it's wrong. But for once, can we call it what it is?

 

I guess you didn't read all of the posts.

 

I "declared" that I wasn't defending Burress because someone accused me of defending him.

 

And those people are thugs....I know you always do everything you can to defend a member from your beloved GMen, but the dude is a thug. If you can't see that it's because of your blind love affair with everything New York.

 

I have stated time and time again that I know what he did was wrong. If you can find where I have said something else, please post it here.

Probably only Plexithug knows the full story. But here's a reasonable guess: He carries an unpermited weapon that has no external safety (that's okay, lots of semis don't, including the ones I carry) and for which he probably has no training and little or no experience shooting (part of the reason most states require some type of gun safety class). Glocks also have a trigger pull that is less than a typical handgun weapon in double action mode (part of the attraction to many Glock owners/shooters). Apparently Plexithug stuck it in his waistband and it started to slip down his pants, so he reached down and grabbed it and stuck his finger inside the trigger guard and on the trigger. As he was pulling it back up (with his finger still on the trigger - a BIG safety no-no), it probably got stuck against his thigh/in his trousers but his hand kept pulling up and - voila - he pulls the trigger and shoots himself.

 

Guns don't fire by themselves and don't fire when you drop them (sure it CAN happen, but it's rare and the gun would actually be malfunctioning if it did), even if you dropped them on the hammer, which can't be done with the Glock anyways because the hammer is concealed.

 

Bottomline is that you had a drunk, moronic idiot with a loaded handgun that had no business carrying one - even if he was licensed, as he likely did not have sufficient training and most (reasonable) people consider it a bad idea to mix alcohol/drugs and weapons. "Reasonable" being the operative word . .

 

Apparently Burress has had training for hand guns. Someone who has read his book told me that...I can't vouch for it though, because I have not read his book.

I own a Glock, absolutely not true. Not easy. Do you own one? Have you fired one? I bet Cooperstown has, perhaps woodsrider has. Let's not make it sound like it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. Come on!

 

I own a Glock as well.

 

I don't think the gun fell on the floor and went off. I think it fell from his pants, he tried to grab it and pulled the trigger.

Apparently Burress has had training for hand guns. Someone who has read his book told me that...I can't vouch for it though, because I have not read his book.

 

Who trained him??? Dick Chaney?

Who trained him??? Dick Chaney?

 

Dick Cheney? I don't know about that. I'm just repeating what I've heard..

I hope it's the max of 5.

 

He's a thug. Nothing more, nothing less. I bet he wouldn't last more than a month in prison.

 

:lol:

 

I can't help but laugh when people say that.

 

What do you know about prison UKMustang?

:lol:

 

I can't help but laugh when people say that.

 

What do you know about prison UKMustang?

 

Enough to know that I wouldn't ever want to go....:D

It's going to be interesting to see how this whole ordeal effects the Giants. The one thing they have had is chemistry. With the media hoopla, no Plax, possibly Pierce getting into trouble it could get interesting. Plax..... what a GREAT teammate!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.