Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plaxico Burress charged with felony gun possession

Featured Replies

I'm not taking up for Plexiglass as he is obviously a moron. However, a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years for having a handgun outside of your residence without a permit is a little bit ridiculous isn't it? Especially when there is no evidence that he was trying to do harm to anyone or using it to commit any crime. The thing that I don't understand is if he felt that he wasn't safe when going out why didn't he hire someone who did have a license to protect him? I have to think a full team of 6 bodyguards would have been cheaper than one day of representation from Brafman. Idiot.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's going to be interesting to see how this whole ordeal effects the Giants. The one thing they have had is chemistry. With the media hoopla, no Plax, possibly Pierce getting into trouble it could get interesting. Plax..... what a GREAT teammate!

 

The Giants didn't seem to be phased by it Sunday when they whipped the Skins.

 

The Giants are basically 3-0 this year without Plax. I've seen many quotes about how Giants players are concerned about Plax, not upset with him. They love him as a teammate and hope everything works out for him.

I'm not taking up for Plexiglass as he is obviously a moron. However, a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years for having a handgun outside of your residence without a permit is a little bit ridiculous isn't it? Especially when there is no evidence that he was trying to do harm to anyone or using it to commit any crime. The thing that I don't understand is if he felt that he wasn't safe when going out why didn't he hire someone who did have a license to protect him? I have to think a full team of 6 bodyguards would have been cheaper than one day of representation from Brafman. Idiot.

 

I agree with everything you said. The minimum mandatory sentence is excessive IMO, and he was stupid to not just hire a body guard.

I agree with everything you said. The minimum mandatory sentence is excessive IMO, and he was stupid to not just hire a body guard.

 

:thumb: Here's the thing I'm wondering.....If you buy a handgun and haven't gotten a license to carry it yet--how are you supposed to get it home? I suppose you could have it UPS'd or mailed home but if the deliveryman doesn't have a permit would he be arrested? Just overkill on the gun laws in NYC.

I think it is definitely excessive for a first offense.

Pierce, Bradshaw join Burress at Giants stadium today

 

Giants LB Antonio Pierce and RB Ahmad Bradshaw arrived at Giants Stadium shortly after WR Plaxico Burress this morning. Bradshaw came in through the normal players' entrance, but Pierce saw the pen of media members waiting at that entrance while driving up Stadium Road and detoured to go in through the Giants' offices at the North Gate.

 

Perhaps the three players, who were all at the Latin Quarter Friday night, are here together to meet with team and league officials. But several other players have been at the stadium this morning, so we can't say for sure.

 

MG

LINK

This happened before Plax's incident.

 

Pierce doesn't have the gun, the police do. :D

 

I know. Just thought I'd crack a joke...

 

:thumb:

I'm not taking up for Plexiglass as he is obviously a moron. However, a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years for having a handgun outside of your residence without a permit is a little bit ridiculous isn't it? Especially when there is no evidence that he was trying to do harm to anyone or using it to commit any crime. The thing that I don't understand is if he felt that he wasn't safe when going out why didn't he hire someone who did have a license to protect him? I have to think a full team of 6 bodyguards would have been cheaper than one day of representation from Brafman. Idiot.

 

Maybe. Maybe not. Keep in mind that New City City is the most densely populated city in the country. I think, with good reason, that they don't want millions of people walking around with concealed weapons. Lots and lots of bad things happen when every Tom, Dick, and Harry are carrying a gun. So they enact a tough law that greatly discourages people from having one on their person. Overkill? I guess you could make a case for that. But I'm guessing the law was put in place because they had seen plenty enough street violence that required a tough response. I'm sure cases like Plexithug's will help to ensure that people think twice before doing the same thing. You know, things like going to a bar and getting liquored up with a weapon on you. Kind of invites trouble, doesn't it?

 

Your point about him hiring bodyguards is spot on. He didn't do that because he wasn't concerned about his safety. He wanted to be cool. Street cool. And street cool thugs carry guns.

Maybe. Maybe not. Keep in mind that New City City is the most densely populated city in the country. I think, with good reason, that they don't want millions of people walking around with concealed weapons. Lots and lots of bad things happen when every Tom, Dick, and Harry are carrying a gun. So they enact a tough law that greatly discourages people from having one on their person. Overkill? I guess you could make a case for that. But I'm guessing the law was put in place because they had seen plenty enough street violence that required a tough response. I'm sure cases like Plexithug's will help to ensure that people think twice before doing the same thing. You know, things like going to a bar and getting liquored up with a weapon on you. Kind of invites trouble, doesn't it?

 

Your point about him hiring bodyguards is spot on. He didn't do that because he wasn't concerned about his safety. He wanted to be cool. Street cool. And street cool thugs carry guns.

 

Exactly....Burress wasn't carrying a gun for protection because that's why athletes have bodyguards, so they don't need to carry guns, and secondly because if he thought "hey I want to go to this bar but it's not the safest so instead of going to a different one I'll just carry a gun".. He is an idiot and should be suspended and put in jail.

Exactly....Burress wasn't carrying a gun for protection because that's why athletes have bodyguards, so they don't need to carry guns, and secondly because if he thought "hey I want to go to this bar but it's not the safest so instead of going to a different one I'll just carry a gun".. He is an idiot and should be suspended and put in jail.

 

So you think Plax took the gun to intentionally shoot and kill an innocent person?

 

Because you seem to know that he didn't take it for protection.

So you think Plax took the gun to intentionally shoot and kill an innocent person?

 

Because you seem to know that he didn't take it for protection.

 

Why go somewhere where you think you need a gun for protection??

So you think Plax took the gun to intentionally shoot and kill an innocent person?

 

Because you seem to know that he didn't take it for protection.

 

I don't think he took it to kill but I don't think it took it for protection either...

Why go somewhere where you think you need a gun for protection??

 

He might think he needs a gun for protection any time he leaves his house. I'm not sure.

 

Steve Smith was robbed at gun point in front of his house...that might have played into his decision making. I really do not know what he was thinking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.