Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Luke Maile hitting 3rd?

Featured Replies

Do you think Maile will be moved to the middle of the line-up this year? I never agreed putting your best hitter in the lead off spot, but the Cov Cath coach has coached longer than I've been alive so I'm sure he had his reasons. Now that he has comitted to UK I wonder if he moves back to the middle. Any thoughts?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would move him to the 3 spot provided you had a strong 4 hitter that would prevent teams from just pitching around him.

I would move him to the 3 spot provided you had a strong 4 hitter that would prevent teams from just pitching around him.

 

Cov. Cath should have a very solid line-up around him. However, if they don't I move him where ever need be for him to see pitches, if it's lead off or the 9 hole. He can change any game with one swing of the bat, so it's best for Cov. Cath to see good pitches.

I don't think that him committing to UK will have any impact on where he hits in the lineup.

 

With that said, I'd expect to see him hitting 3rd.

  • Author
I don't think that him committing to UK will have any impact on where he hits in the lineup.

 

With that said, I'd expect to see him hitting 3rd.

 

I figured they may have moved him to lead off to get him as many at bats as possible to showcase for colleges, although it doesn't necessarily improve his RBI numbers, etc..

Would except him to hit third this this season but it's Coach Krumps call and he will do whats best for the team. I have said all along my lineup would be

 

Seimer 2b Very good glove, range and has speed

Lafever LF The kid can play anywhere, and I want seniors in my outfield

Maile C Big question will it be 3 POY in a row

Darner RF Best clutch hitter on the team IMO

Isler 1b First full year truly back from Tommy John

Nutini CF The best CF in NKy

Klein 3b Great kid good hitter good fielder, pray to God he is fine as his health is so much more important than baseball

Holocher SS Much improved over the summer! Just watch and you will see

Van Sant DH Very, very good number 9 hitter with very good speed

 

 

If Shover does play I move Mitch into that leadoff spot and he starts at 2b. If Klein can't play this season then??????

If Cov Cath has players they can protect Luke with then I say he hits 3rd. If not, bat him leadoff so they can't pitch around him.

If Cov Cath has players they can protect Luke with then I say he hits 3rd. If not, bat him leadoff so they can't pitch around him.

Problem is, they had the same guys last year, and everyone still pitched around Luke. Krumps needs to put his guy with the best chance of getting on-base at #2, Luke at #3, and whoever can move the runner at #4.

Would except him to hit third this this season but it's Coach Krumps call and he will do whats best for the team. I have said all along my lineup would be

 

Seimer 2b Very good glove, range and has speed

Lafever LF The kid can play anywhere, and I want seniors in my outfield

Maile C Big question will it be 3 POY in a row

Darner RF Best clutch hitter on the team IMO

Isler 1b First full year truly back from Tommy John

Nutini CF The best CF in NKy

Klein 3b Great kid good hitter good fielder, pray to God he is fine as his health is so much more important than baseball

Holocher SS Much improved over the summer! Just watch and you will see

Van Sant DH Very, very good number 9 hitter with very good speed

 

If Shover does play I move Mitch into that leadoff spot and he starts at 2b. If Klein can't play this season then??????

 

I agree with your comments here and that is surely a tough line-up to face...One thing I will say is that it doesn't matter where you put Maile in the line-up he will hit, but I never can agree with him hitting lead-off. He had another great year last year for batting average, but if I am not mistaken his homerun total and rbi's were down, so how did that help the team? Am I correct on those numbers Old Guy?

Would except him to hit third this this season but it's Coach Krumps call and he will do whats best for the team. I have said all along my lineup would be

 

Seimer 2b Very good glove, range and has speed

Lafever LF The kid can play anywhere, and I want seniors in my outfield

Maile C Big question will it be 3 POY in a row

Darner RF Best clutch hitter on the team IMO

Isler 1b First full year truly back from Tommy John

Nutini CF The best CF in NKy

Klein 3b Great kid good hitter good fielder, pray to God he is fine as his health is so much more important than baseball

Holocher SS Much improved over the summer! Just watch and you will see

Van Sant DH Very, very good number 9 hitter with very good speed

 

 

If Shover does play I move Mitch into that leadoff spot and he starts at 2b. If Klein can't play this season then??????

 

I was thinking this year that Maile hits third, then put either Nutini, Lafever or Klein in the leadoff spot.

I was thinking this year that Maile hits third, then put either Nutini, Lafever or Klein in the leadoff spot.

 

Nutini would be a good pick IMO because of the speed he possesses.

Would except him to hit third this this season but it's Coach Krumps call and he will do whats best for the team. I have said all along my lineup would be

 

Seimer 2b Very good glove, range and has speed

Lafever LF The kid can play anywhere, and I want seniors in my outfield

Maile C Big question will it be 3 POY in a row

Darner RF Best clutch hitter on the team IMO

Isler 1b First full year truly back from Tommy John

Nutini CF The best CF in NKy

Klein 3b Great kid good hitter good fielder, pray to God he is fine as his health is so much more important than baseball

Holocher SS Much improved over the summer! Just watch and you will see

Van Sant DH Very, very good number 9 hitter with very good speed

 

 

If Shover does play I move Mitch into that leadoff spot and he starts at 2b. If Klein can't play this season then??????

 

I cant see Seimer being in the batting order at all, his glove is phenomenal, but I'm not sure the bat is there yet. I think Nutini will be in the lead off spot, and someone else,probably another junior, besides Seimer will be batting towards the bottom of the lineup somewhere.

Maile will most likely stay at the top of the line-up. No matter who they put in front of or behind, no one is going to pitch to him.

I agree with your comments here and that is surely a tough line-up to face...One thing I will say is that it doesn't matter where you put Maile in the line-up he will hit, but I never can agree with him hitting lead-off. He had another great year last year for batting average, but if I am not mistaken his homerun total and rbi's were down, so how did that help the team? Am I correct on those numbers Old Guy?

 

His HR's and RBI's were indeed down...but his average, and runs scored were up.

 

In 07 he knocked in 66 runs but in 08 he scored 61 runs

In 07 he batted 0.486 but in 08 he batted 0.554

In 07 he had 53 hits but in 08 he had 62 hits

In 07 he had 8 HR but in 08 he had 6 triples

In 08 he was walked 38 times

 

BTW his lifetime batting average for CovCath so far is

Luke Maile 0.469 2006--2007-2008

 

By the end of this year, if Maile plays as he has, I believe he will hold pretty much every offensive batting record for CovCath....At least at CovCath, that is saying something when you consider the players that CovCath has produced over the years!

 

At the moment lifetime at CovCath

Average First

Hits Third

Doubles Third

Triples First (tied)

HR's Fourth

RBI's First

Runs Scored Second

At bat Seventh

Base on Balls Third

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.