Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Luke Maile hitting 3rd?

Featured Replies

Problem is, they had the same guys last year, and everyone still pitched around Luke. Krumps needs to put his guy with the best chance of getting on-base at #2, Luke at #3, and whoever can move the runner at #4.

 

Don't know Krumps' style all that well do you? ;)

 

Krumps loves to put a guy in the 2-hole that will bunt, bunt, bunt, and bunt some more.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are impressive numbers. Wish he was wearing red instead of blue next year.

His HR's and RBI's were indeed down...but his average, and runs scored were up.

 

In 07 he knocked in 66 runs but in 08 he scored 61 runs

In 07 he batted 0.486 but in 08 he batted 0.554

In 07 he had 53 hits but in 08 he had 62 hits

In 07 he had 8 HR but in 08 he had 6 triples

In 08 he was walked 38 times

 

BTW his lifetime batting average for CovCath so far is

Luke Maile 0.469 2006--2007-2008

 

By the end of this year, if Maile plays as he has, I believe he will hold pretty much every offensive batting record for CovCath....At least at CovCath, that is saying something when you consider the players that CovCath has produced over the years!

 

At the moment lifetime at CovCath

Average First

Hits Third

Doubles Third

Triples First (tied)

HR's Fourth

RBI's First

Runs Scored Second

At bat Seventh

Base on Balls Third

Would except him to hit third this this season but it's Coach Krumps call and he will do whats best for the team. I have said all along my lineup would be

 

Seimer 2b Very good glove, range and has speed

Lafever LF The kid can play anywhere, and I want seniors in my outfield

Maile C Big question will it be 3 POY in a row

Darner RF Best clutch hitter on the team IMO

Isler 1b First full year truly back from Tommy John

Nutini CF The best CF in NKy

Klein 3b Great kid good hitter good fielder, pray to God he is fine as his health is so much more important than baseball

Holocher SS Much improved over the summer! Just watch and you will see

Van Sant DH Very, very good number 9 hitter with very good speed

 

 

If Shover does play I move Mitch into that leadoff spot and he starts at 2b. If Klein can't play this season then??????

 

This Shover kid you speak of. Why do you keep thinking he is playing? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

This Shover kid you speak of. Why do you keep thinking he is playing? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

 

He said IF Shover plays. . That doesn't mean he thinks he is playing. IF means there is a chance he plays, and with Mitch being as talented as he is and this being his senior year, there is always a chance he wants to come back and play.

I was thinking this year that Maile hits third, then put either Nutini, Lafever or Klein in the leadoff spot.

 

I think that Nutini will get the lead off spot this year. The only reason he didn't get it last year is because he struggled getting on base, and that is all the lead off man needs to do with this line up. Lafever will bat 2nd no matter what (IMO) because he is a great bunter. Klein has a great on base percentage, but lacks speed, which is something Nutini has plenty of.

I think that Nutini will get the lead off spot this year. The only reason he didn't get it last year is because he struggled getting on base, and that is all the lead off man needs to do with this line up. Lafever will bat 2nd no matter what (IMO) because he is a great bunter. Klein has a great on base percentage, but lacks speed, which is something Nutini has plenty of.

 

 

Mattie told me that the bone marrow that his sister gave him will take care of that problem! Seems she has all the speed in the family and now so will he!!! :thumb: :D

 

Get better my young friend, many miss you and the Colonels need you, so get better soon.....you know my prayers are with you!

This Shover kid you speak of. Why do you keep thinking he is playing? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

 

 

Thank you CCH24....:thumb:

 

;););) Really I have put the word out to all the CovCath student body to hound old Mitch from the Cafeteria, to his class room, to his locker, to the gym, heck I have even gotten some of the Crazies to have a Mitch play baseball night at one of the Basketball games late in the season.... Even have spoken to some of his teachers to have a play baseball or fail Mitch last quarter test. I have even spoken to some of the young ladies at NDA to talk to Mitch about playing and they can get quite friendly is he says yes, and finally I have some friends from Chicago who can get quite nasty if he doesn't want to play....Get my drift......:D:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Then again if he doesn't play, he doesn't play......He is however a very good baseball player and I hate to see his talent go to waste!!!

Thank you CCH24....:thumb:

 

;););) Really I have put the word out to all the CovCath student body to hound old Mitch from the Cafeteria, to his class room, to his locker, to the gym, heck I have even gotten some of the Crazies to have a Mitch play baseball night at one of the Basketball games late in the season.... Even have spoken to some of his teachers to have a play baseball or fail Mitch last quarter test. I have even spoken to some of the young ladies at NDA to talk to Mitch about playing and they can get quite friendly is he says yes, and finally I have some friends from Chicago who can get quite nasty if he doesn't want to play....Get my drift......:D:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Then again if he doesn't play, he doesn't play......He is however a very good baseball player and I hate to see his talent go to waste!!!

 

Basically, if you don't follow CCH then you may not be familiar with this situation. But everyone around CCH wants Mitch to play because he would only make the team better.

If teams pitch around Maile, they still have to encounter Darner, Nutini, Isler, Van Sant, Holocher, and a couple of others at some point in the lineup. Who cares where he bats? He may not get as many RBI's but there are other RBI hitters on the team. At leadoff he gets on base EVERY time either by a walk or a hit. That is a fantastic way to start; great odds. As for homeruns, where he hits has no bearing on how many homeruns he hits.

If teams pitch around Maile, they still have to encounter Darner, Nutini, Isler, Van Sant, Holocher, and a couple of others at some point in the lineup. Who cares where he bats? He may not get as many RBI's but there are other RBI hitters on the team. At leadoff he gets on base EVERY time either by a walk or a hit. That is a fantastic way to start; great odds. As for homeruns, where he hits has no bearing on how many homeruns he hits.

 

Agreed, I bat him at the top counting on him to get walked or pitched around. get him on base and let them drive him in

Agreed, I bat him at the top counting on him to get walked or pitched around. get him on base and let them drive him in

 

 

 

bingo. lead off batter's job is to get on base every single time. He will get on just about every single time. I'm positive Lafever can get him over to second and Darner and Isler can get him in.

If teams pitch around Maile, they still have to encounter Darner, Nutini, Isler, Van Sant, Holocher, and a couple of others at some point in the lineup. Who cares where he bats? He may not get as many RBI's but there are other RBI hitters on the team. At leadoff he gets on base EVERY time either by a walk or a hit. That is a fantastic way to start; great odds. As for homeruns, where he hits has no bearing on how many homeruns he hits.

 

Correction: maybe a bit over half the time, but not every time.

 

It has no bearing on how many homeruns he hits but it surely does RBI's, because if he hits homeruns in the 3 or 4 spot he will have a bunch more RBI's. That was proven out by the year he had in 2007.

TOG..Who previously held the records that Luke now holds? Do you know or is there some place I can find the answer? I'm just curious cause I believe Tim Grogan had a few of them.

TOG..Who previously held the records that Luke now holds? Do you know or is there some place I can find the answer? I'm just curious cause I believe Tim Grogan had a few of them.

 

 

Try the CovCath baseball site at CovCath.org I think that is the address!

 

If you can't find it there, then just PM me your E-mail address and I will send it to you via a attached file. It will be later tonight as it is on my machine at home not work!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.