Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Luke Maile hitting 3rd?

Featured Replies

Does it really matter??

 

I agree, this is kind of silly, but humerous:lol:

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this is kind of silly, but humerous:lol:

 

 

Yupp. As the other guy said, does it really matter and who cares?

Yupp. As the other guy said, does it really matter and who cares?

 

Cov Cath probably does in trying to win the 9th region...

Cov Cath probably does in trying to win the 9th region...

 

lol, I am a fan of CovCath and I can tell you that where Luke bats really isn't worth discussing because Krumps will do it how he sees fit, and it truly doesn't matter. We could make a thread about EVERY kid the plays in nky saying "well where would you bat him?" but man that would get awful redundant. We'll just have to see what happens this spring.

 

And CCH winning or losing 9th region will not fall on where he bats.

lol, I am a fan of CovCath and I can tell you that where Luke bats really isn't worth discussing because Krumps will do it how he sees fit, and it truly doesn't matter. We could make a thread about EVERY kid the plays in nky saying "well where would you bat him?" but man that would get awful redundant. We'll just have to see what happens this spring.

 

And CCH winning or losing 9th region will not fall on where he bats.

 

Well I am don't happen to be a Cov Cath fan, and it doesn't really matter to me, plus I agree talking about individual kids on here for the most part can become redundant, but this is the POY and he can change any game with one swing, so IMO that is why he gets talked about on here. But, in a baseball sense where he bats could be the difference of whether he is up in a big game with guys on base. Yes, he gets up more at the leadoff position and more than likely he is going to get pitched to in his first at bat, but from there the problems of him getting pitched around or walked still exist. I have stated on here multiple times, I would always pitch to him in any situation, but carefully. I saw teams go right after him last year, spotting the ball, with some sucess. Even though I am not a fan of Cov Cath i am a big fan of baseball and this topic is more about whether you hit one the better power hitters in Kentucky in the lead off position or 3rd or 4th. I surely didn't see the Phillies batting Howard in the lead-off position. I see your point that Krumps does what he wants, but does it make sense?

Well I am don't happen to be a Cov Cath fan, and it doesn't really matter to me, plus I agree talking about individual kids on here for the most part can become redundant, but this is the POY and he can change any game with one swing, so IMO that is why he gets talked about on here. But, in a baseball sense where he bats could be the difference of whether he is up in a big game with guys on base. Yes, he gets up more at the leadoff position and more than likely he is going to get pitched to in his first at bat, but from there the problems of him getting pitched around or walked still exist. I have stated on here multiple times, I would always pitch to him in any situation, but carefully. I saw teams go right after him last year, spotting the ball, with some sucess. Even though I am not a fan of Cov Cath i am a big fan of baseball and this topic is more about whether you hit one the better power hitters in Kentucky in the lead off position or 3rd or 4th. I surely didn't see the Phillies batting Howard in the lead-off position. I see your point that Krumps does what he wants, but does it make sense?

 

 

I think it makes sense. He isn';t the only hitter the team has, and by putting him in the lead off position he either gets pitched around and on base, or he hits it like he would [supposedly] at any other spot and gets on base. Then you bat him in and voila have a score. And because he is lead off in the first inning, does not mean he leads off otherwise. I remember MANY times last season, Darner and Isler would end up being the lead off hitter in innings. Not where you would want either of those guys, but after the first at bat the order basically does not matter because your ninth batter could be your fourth if you follow.

 

Any kids swing at one point in the game could change momentum or affect a game. Where Maile hits in a lineup really just does not have that much of an impact. It just gives people something to debate on the sidelines and on here.

Ok, that's why major league teams have Ramirez, Howard, A-rod, and Pujois batting in the 3 or 4 spots in their line-ups...because it doesn't matter where they bat.

 

 

I think it makes sense. He isn';t the only hitter the team has, and by putting him in the lead off position he either gets pitched around and on base, or he hits it like he would [supposedly] at any other spot and gets on base. Then you bat him in and voila have a score. And because he is lead off in the first inning, does not mean he leads off otherwise. I remember MANY times last season, Darner and Isler would end up being the lead off hitter in innings. Not where you would want either of those guys, but after the first at bat the order basically does not matter because your ninth batter could be your fourth if you follow.

 

Any kids swing at one point in the game could change momentum or affect a game. Where Maile hits in a lineup really just does not have that much of an impact. It just gives people something to debate on the sidelines and on here.

Ok, that's why major league teams have Ramirez, Howard, A-rod, and Pujois batting in the 3 or 4 spots in their line-ups...because it doesn't matter where they bat.

 

 

 

Relax. Where Maile bats TRULY is not going to be the deciding factor of how this team does. It is just fact. That is all I am trying to state.

This is a baseball forum! The Great Game a I both love the game and think it's nice that we and others can talk about HS Baseball year round. If you think it is a silly thread then don't contribute and don't read, but don't say it is silly because Krumps will do as he pleases. Krumps will do as he sees fit and in post number #7 you will see that I said as much, but I still think it would serve CovCath better to bat Luke in the three spot! Do you think at UK he will bat first? Did he bat first for the Ky. Colonels! BTW Luke OBP was by my stats 0.682, SLG was 0.973 to go along with his 0.554 BA

This is a baseball forum! The Great Game a I both love the game and think it's nice that we and others can talk about HS Baseball year round. If you think it is a silly thread then don't contribute and don't read, but don't say it is silly because Krumps will do as he pleases. Krumps will do as he sees fit and in post number #7 you will see that I said as much, but I still think it would serve CovCath better to bat Luke in the three spot! Do you think at UK he will bat first? Did he bat first for the Ky. Colonels! BTW Luke OBP was by my stats 0.682, SLG was 0.973 to go along with his 0.554 BA

 

 

 

Agree, Krumps will always do what is best for his team.

This is a baseball forum! The Great Game a I both love the game and think it's nice that we and others can talk about HS Baseball year round. If you think it is a silly thread then don't contribute and don't read, but don't say it is silly because Krumps will do as he pleases. Krumps will do as he sees fit and in post number #7 you will see that I said as much, but I still think it would serve CovCath better to bat Luke in the three spot! Do you think at UK he will bat first? Did he bat first for the Ky. Colonels! BTW Luke OBP was by my stats 0.682, SLG was 0.973 to go along with his 0.554 BA

 

 

I am happy that you all are baseball fans; as am I. But this issue has been talked to death. It did not change last season and it may or may not change this season. The bottom line is that where he bats will not be the deciding factor on how CCH does this season. And if his role is as lead off hitter, because 95% of the time he gets on base, than he serves his purpose well. It is a team sport, and batting him leadoff may be what is best for the TEAM.

 

And for the record; you proved my point. The stats you provided, if accurate, make my point. With those stats what is the point of moving him from lead off if he does that well there?

The first 3 spots in the order, are key for a team to succeed in High School Baseball and never easy decisions, by the Coach. Get as many AB's for the consistent hitters, is a priority for many. Having speed at the top and a contact man in the 2 hole, is popular. The "best" hitter, in the 3 spot is also a comment, we often hear.

 

Where you bat, really is the product of what the Coach feels is best to produce runs consistently and the depth, in the 1-9 spots. If you 7-9 guys can consistently get on base, then the leadoff spot will not only get on and score, but will be a RBI position. If 1-2 are consistently on, then 3 will have a chance to produce early runs per game and afford the team RBI's, along with a runs for the 4-5 guy.

 

A lot is dependent upon how many runs, does the Coach feel he needs to win. The pitching staff, will dictate many decisions on the offensive side. You generate 5-7 runs per games and have a solid pitching staff, makes decisions easier.

The first 3 spots in the order, are key for a team to succeed in High School Baseball and never easy decisions, by the Coach. Get as many AB's for the consistent hitters, is a priority for many. Having speed at the top and a contact man in the 2 hole, is popular. The "best" hitter, in the 3 spot is also a comment, we often hear.

 

Where you bat, really is the product of what the Coach feels is best to produce runs consistently and the depth, in the 1-9 spots. If you 7-9 guys can consistently get on base, then the leadoff spot will not only get on and score, but will be a RBI position. If 1-2 are consistently on, then 3 will have a chance to produce early runs per game and afford the team RBI's, along with a runs for the 4-5 guy.

 

A lot is dependent upon how many runs, does the Coach feel he needs to win. The pitching staff, will dictate many decisions on the offensive side. You generate 5-7 runs per games and have a solid pitching staff, makes decisions easier.

Great post!:thumb:
I am happy that you all are baseball fans; as am I. But this issue has been talked to death. It did not change last season and it may or may not change this season. The bottom line is that where he bats will not be the deciding factor on how CCH does this season. And if his role is as lead off hitter, because 95% of the time he gets on base, than he serves his purpose well. It is a team sport, and batting him leadoff may be what is best for the TEAM.

 

And for the record; you proved my point. The stats you provided, if accurate, make my point. With those stats what is the point of moving him from lead off if he does that well there?

 

I may be mistaken, but I believe he was talking about the KY Colonels summer season with those stats... No matter either way, my point in this thread all along was not so much about Luke Maile (it just happens he is the best hitter in NKY and was the topic of the thread), what Coach Krumps intends to do, but the baseball standards of where you normally bat your best hitter. You can say it is talked to death, that is your prerogative. However, if your going to participate in a forum such as this you have to be prepared to be offered different opinions other than yours.

I may be mistaken, but I believe he was talking about the KY Colonels summer season with those stats... No matter either way, my point in this thread all along was not so much about Luke Maile (it just happens he is the best hitter in NKY and was the topic of the thread), what Coach Krumps intends to do, but the baseball standards of where you normally bat your best hitter. You can say it is talked to death, that is your prerogative. However, if your going to participate in a forum such as this you have to be prepared to be offered different opinions other than yours.

 

 

 

I have absolutely no problem with people who have differing opinions. What I have a problem with is that I feel as though maybe what is best for CCH as a team is not being considered. If this thread were about the entire batting order, I might be a little more lenient on the discussion about who bats where and why it is best. Instead it looks as though the success of the team entirely is dependent upon where he bats in the lineup and that just isn't accurate.

 

Feel free to PM if you'd like to discuss this further. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.