Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood's Best Ever?

Featured Replies

Last year during preseason 'Ru made the prediction that last year's team was going to be Beechwood's best ever. They did win a state championship, but they did not quite live up to the hype. Could it be that he was actually just a year off? I played through high school against the seniors of the '97 team. They've widely been recognized as one of the three best, '84 and '91 being the others. Where does this team rank so far for those who have followed Beechwood? Have their starters played more than a half against anyone?

Last year during preseason 'Ru made the prediction that last year's team was going to be Beechwood's best ever. They did win a state championship, but they did not quite live up to the hype. Could it be that he was actually just a year off? I played through high school against the seniors of the '97 team. They've widely been recognized as one of the three best, '84 and '91 being the others. Where does this team rank so far for those who have followed Beechwood? Have their starters played more than a half against anyone?

 

How many of the 2007 Championship Team are seniors now? Or, how many of those "hyped" players have returned?

That '91 team was nasty.

  • Author
That '91 team was nasty.

 

My cousin played fullback, and for any other team he may have been the feature back. Incredibly fast and strong team. Berger, Wilmhoff, Wulfeck, Johnson, I saw that the Enquirer voted them one of Greater Cincinnati's greatest teams. That's a lot of praise for a Single A Kentucky school. '97 crushed everyone, except CovCath (but the still beat the future AAA) champs. They held Richard Hall of Wyoming to 70 yards. They beat Purcell Marian who won the GCL North.

Last year during preseason 'Ru made the prediction that last year's team was going to be Beechwood's best ever. They did win a state championship, but they did not quite live up to the hype. Could it be that he was actually just a year off? I played through high school against the seniors of the '97 team. They've widely been recognized as one of the three best, '84 and '91 being the others. Where does this team rank so far for those who have followed Beechwood? Have their starters played more than a half against anyone?

 

CCH

The Jeff Wera led team of 2004 I believe was pretty good as well. I'd say his senior year team would definetly rank up there at the top of the list somewhere. Newcath was 11-2 that year with both losses coming to Beechwood.

 

As far as this year's team goes, I guess we'll just have to wait until the end of the season and see if Beechwood brings the hardware home.

 

I personally don't see anyone being able to stop them this year though.

Last year during preseason 'Ru made the prediction that last year's team was going to be Beechwood's best ever. They did win a state championship, but they did not quite live up to the hype. Could it be that he was actually just a year off? I played through high school against the seniors of the '97 team. They've widely been recognized as one of the three best, '84 and '91 being the others. Where does this team rank so far for those who have followed Beechwood? Have their starters played more than a half against anyone?

 

I actually made this prediction:

 

I predict no Class A team will get closer than 2 touchdowns to the 2007 Class A State Champion Tigers! banana.gif

 

Of course, LCA ruined that one!

 

For the record, I think last year's Beechwood team was as good as or better than this one. I think 97 was better, I think 95 was better, if healthy I think 91 was better, and I would have to give some deep thought about some other teams but suffice to say I do not think 2008 Beechwood is the best ever.

My cousin played fullback, and for any other team he may have been the feature back. Incredibly fast and strong team. Berger, Wilmhoff, Wulfeck, Johnson, I saw that the Enquirer voted them one of Greater Cincinnati's greatest teams. That's a lot of praise for a Single A Kentucky school. '97 crushed everyone, except CovCath (but the still beat the future AAA) champs. They held Richard Hall of Wyoming to 70 yards. They beat Purcell Marian who won the GCL North.

 

That 91' team got beat by a very good Bellevue team in 1990 on their way to a state final representation. Most of those Bellevue kids were Jr's also and if it werent for Hissong dislocating his shoulder and being out most of his Sr. yr I think they may have gotten the Red n White Tigers again.

 

That was a very strong team but I would say the 1997 team may have been the best I have witnessed. Sorry Guru I was in Jr. High when you played and I was chasing girls at the Bellevue/Beechwood games. :p

Last year during preseason 'Ru made the prediction that last year's team was going to be Beechwood's best ever. They did win a state championship, but they did not quite live up to the hype. Could it be that he was actually just a year off? I played through high school against the seniors of the '97 team. They've widely been recognized as one of the three best, '84 and '91 being the others. Where does this team rank so far for those who have followed Beechwood? Have their starters played more than a half against anyone?

 

Holy Cross

That 91' team got beat by a very good Bellevue team in 1990 on their way to a state final representation. Most of those Bellevue kids were Jr's also and if it werent for Hissong dislocating his shoulder and being out most of his Sr. yr I think they may have gotten the Red n White Tigers again.

That was a very strong team but I would say the 1997 team may have been the best I have witnessed. Sorry Guru I was in Jr. High when you played and I was chasing girls at the Bellevue/Beechwood games. :p

 

My uncle played corner for that Bellevue team and always tells me about that game.

Beechwood is just solid - every year they continue to be solid.

Last year during preseason 'Ru made the prediction that last year's team was going to be Beechwood's best ever. They did win a state championship, but they did not quite live up to the hype. Could it be that he was actually just a year off? I played through high school against the seniors of the '97 team. They've widely been recognized as one of the three best, '84 and '91 being the others. Where does this team rank so far for those who have followed Beechwood? Have their starters played more than a half against anyone?

 

Bellevue

I think last years Beechwood team was better too. They were very big and strong. Cody Elliot was unbelievable at times, and the whole team was just great.

Not having seen the 91 team as that was the year I moved here. I would have to give the nod to the 97 team.

Berger, Wulfeck and Johnson all went over 1,000 on the ground in '91, they were a force.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.