Middlesboro/Harlan County

Who Wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Harlan County
    • Middlesboro

To think Harlan Co will beat a solid Middlesboro team that almost beat one of the top teams in the mountains (Corbin) last week by this kind of score is not very realistic at all and that is putting it about as nicely as I can. IMO at best this will be a good game and Harlan squeeks out a close one, but I would have to think Middlesboro would be the favorite.

Can't compare the scores. Harlan Co defense will not be a like Corbin at all. It will be nothing that the Yellow Jackets have seen before.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I watch DL #55 Jon Mikel he always Impresses me, with his speed he creates a lot of problems for the opposing teams OL's , This is a very solid defense with Pittman, Adams,Smith, Kyle, Powers, Gilbert and co. and the game will be tight something like 21-14.

GOOOOOOOOOO Jackets!!!!!

Can't compare the scores. Harlan Co defense will not be a like Corbin at all. It will be nothing that the Yellow Jackets have seen before.

I don't know about that. I for one have talked alot about HC and how they would do almost every game. I would have to say Corbin is a lot better than us right now. Mboro played a heck of a game last week against a pretty good team. I look at the scores against Lee County and it seems too be a toss up! But who knows this year the way things been going.

This game is very important to how HC does this season, a win and then follow up with a win against a solid Estill Co team and you stand at 6-2, a home playoff game and two winnable games to finish the regular season. Loose however and not have any momentiem going into the huge Estill game and end up at 4-4 with no home playoff game and the end of the season for Larkey and his Bears could be one to forget. This game might be one that the state of the program turns on. So Bears go out and change history and hand Middlesboro a loss at JACHS old field something that has never been done before.

This game should be a good one. The Bears have to find a way to bottle up Mr. Adams @ the line or it could be a night of long TD runs. If Blanton is back @ QB full-time look for TJ Green to have a big game @ TB against M'boro.

Bears- 28

M'boro- 20

Every time I watch DL #55 Jon Mikel he always Impresses me, with his speed he creates a lot of problems for the opposing teams OL's , This is a very solid defense with Pittman, Adams,Smith, Kyle, Powers, Gilbert and co. and the game will be tight something like 21-14.

GOOOOOOOOOO Jackets!!!!!

Take a look at #25 James Phillips for Harlan Co...One of the better DL I've seen so far, They also have an end, Don't remember # or Name, He is good also.

Take a look at #25 James Phillips for Harlan Co...One of the better DL I've seen so far, They also have an end, Don't remember # or Name, He is good also.
Jon Mikel has really came out of nowhere for the Jackets though I don't think no one expected him to be this good so early ,He is only a Sophomore.

Harlan County's defense has not shown the ability to stop a quality offensive team yet this year. Middlesboro has a couple good backs and one of them is not just a good back, but a great back with the heart of a Lion (Adams) and I believe he will have a HUGE night. They also have a very dangerous threat at Wide receiver, he is #12 and he is 6'2" with good speed and quickness. The thing IMO Harlan has to hope for is that they can score a bunch and try to keep up with M'boro.

Middlesboro 34

Harlan Co 20

I think that's right. Evarts beat them in 1989 or 1990. I think I remember Brad Kirby scoring the winning touchdown. Cawood also beat them in 89 or the early 90s.

I think Bayshore is right about this being a big turning point game. With a win, they could finish 8-2. With a loss, it could be 5-5.

I think that's right. Evarts beat them in 1989 or 1990. I think I remember Brad Kirby scoring the winning touchdown. Cawood also beat them in 89 or the early 90s.

I think Bayshore is right about this being a big turning point game. With a win, they could finish 8-2. With a loss, it could be 5-5.

The Evarts win over Mboro was in 1990. Brad Kirby also made the big stop inside the 5 yard line to seal the game. Mboro beat Evarts 7-3 in 96. I could have sworn that Harlan beat the Jackets in 96. Mabey 95?