October 12, 200817 yr 2008 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 7 (Oct. 12) Season: 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 Week: Preseason | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Other PollsIndexUSA TodayAssociated PressHarris PollLegends PollBCS standingsESPN.com Power RankingsESPN.com Bottom 10ESPNU Allstate Standings Add Widget The Associated Press Top 25 college football poll, with number of first-place votes and record in parentheses, total points and previous ranking. AP Top 25RANK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS 1. Texas (39) 6-0 1599 5 2. Alabama (26) 6-0 1582 2 3. Penn State 7-0 1492 6 4. Oklahoma 5-1 1306 1 5. Florida 5-1 1284 11 6. USC 4-1 1247 8 7. Texas Tech 6-0 1210 7 8. Oklahoma State 6-0 1184 17 9. Brigham Young 6-0 1131 9 10. Georgia 5-1 1081 10 11. Missouri 5-1 984 3 12. Ohio State 6-1 908 12 13. LSU 4-1 893 4 14. Utah 7-0 834 14 15. Boise State 5-0 714 15 16. Kansas 5-1 620 16 17. Virginia Tech 5-1 540 18 18. North Carolina 5-1 416 22 19. South Florida 5-1 397 19 20. Michigan State 6-1 371 23 21. Wake Forest 4-1 330 21 22. Vanderbilt 5-1 258 13 23. Pittsburgh 4-1 182 24 24. Ball State 7-0 166 25 25. California 4-1 115 NR Others Receiving Votes Tulsa 84, TCU 61, Minnesota 48, Florida State 38, Georgia Tech 25, South Carolina 9, Kentucky 7, Oregon 4, Northwestern 3, Notre Dame 1, Cincinnati 1. Dropped From Rankings Auburn 20.
October 12, 200817 yr Author That's not a bad poll. I would have dropped Oklahoma a couple more spots. They have some issues - defense is average, particularly against the run without LB Reynolds, who is out for the year; no good running game, which leaves too much pressure on clock management to Bradford, spotty coverage teams. The rest is pretty good.
October 12, 200817 yr Texas was rated #1 or #2 in every poll. At most, 4 voters rated Alabama lower than 2nd. I'm VERY pleased that Florida moved ahead of USC.
October 12, 200817 yr I believe SEC has had 2 top 5 teams all year and 3 in the top 10 but never the same teams in back-to-back weeks. Gotta love this game. Maybe one week.
October 12, 200817 yr If Bama plays some scrub team just to get a win in yesterday they go to #1. I necessarily disagree with Texas being #1 but could of went either way.
October 12, 200817 yr Surprised we didn't drop behind Penn State. With only nine seniors I'm pretty proud. LSU had an off week last week and they dropped.
October 12, 200817 yr I can't believe that Oklahoma only moved down to #4. I mean Georgia got moved way back after their one lost. Yeah I don't think they should have moved as far down as Georgia. However it should have been around 6 or 7 IMO...
October 12, 200817 yr LSU is better than #13. If you're voting on this poll, it's hard to justify not dropping them that far when they gave up 51 points.
October 13, 200817 yr LSU is better than #13.Based on what? Who they've played? Well there is Auburn, who's inept offense was exposed by Miss State and Vandy, then those powerhouses App State and North Texas. This is the first real offense LSU has faced and they got their tails handed to them. #13 sounds about right to me.
October 13, 200817 yr I look for Georgia to keep moving back up. I personally think that they should be higher than #10 now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.